Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No PC offer for Venture One. Apply?

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

No PC offer for Venture One. Apply?

I just  upgraded my capital one platinum to a quicksilver one. I asked if I could upgrade my current quicksilver to a venture and no offers were available. I also don't prequalify for anything on capital one. Should I stay away? Thought I had a good chance. :/

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No PC offer for Venture One. Apply?

Why did you want to PC to VentureOne.. isn't that 1.25% when Quicksilver is 1.5%? Just curious.
Message 2 of 6
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
Why did you want to PC to VentureOne.. isn't that 1.25% when Quicksilver is 1.5%? Just curious.

Ditto.

(1) Don't apply or PC for VentureOne. Waste of card space.

(2) Try and get the AF waived from your QS One. Treat it like a QuickSilver. Enjoy the cashback.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

(1) - i absolutely agree.

Message 4 of 6
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

I keep using the rewards I get as statement credit, which isnice. But I'd like to save for someting fun. And the venture one offers $200 bonus

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 5 of 6
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

I keep using the rewards I get as statement credit, which isnice. But I'd like to save for someting fun. And the venture one offers $200 bonus

It's only good for the bonus. But you get that for $1k purchases; on Q/S you get $100 for $500 purchases.

On an ongoing basis, it gets trumped by QuickSilver any day. Plus, you have to redeem your points for travel to get best value. With Q/S, there's no such restriction.

If you do get the card for bonus, maybe try to PC it to QuickSilver after 1 year?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.