Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No amex still 3 years post ch7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No amex still 3 years post ch7

I filed CH7 10/14, DC 2/15. I didn't burn any cc's, only a small car loan and a lot in taxes. 

So far post BK, I have an FHA home loan 400k, a capital one Quicksilver 17k CL which I pay in full before the statement cuts, Barclay w/ 6k CL,  two cars loans each over 60k, but I cant get a **bleep** AMEX approval. **bleep**??? I have high documented income to show and money in the bank! My ficos are hovering around 695, up from 530 after bk. Cant wait to be over 700. 

Any advice or am I AMEX blacklisted until post 5yr?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No amex still 3 years post ch7

I maybe wrong on this, from what I have read on the forums, the wait is 5 years + 1 month. Hopefully others with more definite answers will help. You have done a nice job on your rebuilding post BK, keep up the great work!

Message 2 of 9
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed CH7 10/14, DC 2/15. I didn't burn any cc's, only a small car loan and a lot in taxes. 

So far post BK, I have an FHA home loan 400k, a capital one Quicksilver 17k CL which I pay in full before the statement cuts, Barclay w/ 6k CL,  two cars loans each over 60k, but I cant get a **bleep** AMEX approval. **bleep**??? I have high documented income to show and money in the bank! My ficos are hovering around 695, up from 530 after bk. Cant wait to be over 700. 

AMEX will let you in after 5 Years and 1 Month post BK Filing.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Cant wait until November 2019! Smiley Happy Thank you! 

Message 4 of 9
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@RicHowe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX will let you in after 5 Years and 1 Month post BK Filing.

This is true. I just recently got in with them 5 years +1 month post filing. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

So im gonna go out on a limb and say 5 years + 1 monthSmiley Wink

Bet Amex cant wait to have youSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 9
1914MAB
Established Member

I had to do a recon followed by a letter approximatley 6.5 after ch 7 bk. I was let in with a 1000 limit, which they will not give me an increase

on. At least i got a foot in the door. Good Luck !!

Message 7 of 9
720andBeyond
Valued Member

As others have stated, AMEX will approve post BK7 after the 5 year mark. I waited until a little over 5 years after my BK7 to apply. I was approved for a BCP with a $27k limit(don't think I will try for 3x CLI lol) and 50k income. My credit scores range from 740's-760's with only the BK7 baddie still showing on MyFico.

I also think AMEX looks at your other cards to determine limit. They matched my Capital One QuickSilver Signature limit to the dollar. My Discover card is at $23k so that might have helped also. 

I don't know how Amex views scores internally. It always boggles my mind how they only give one person $1000 and another person $35000 with similar credit profiles and incomes.

Message 8 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes...no exceptions.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.