Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fee Quicksilver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No fee Quicksilver

My DW has a useless Cap One Card with a $500 CL and a $59 AF?? I told her to PC to a Quicksilver. CSR said they can do it no problem but they still want to charge the AF. DW said no so the CSR put in a request to waive the fee. They told her if she doesn’t hear from them by Friday, call. Anyone have any luck trying this? I told her whatever the outcome, take the card, fee or no fee. At least it’s a points card.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No fee Quicksilver

I PC'd my Platinum to QS last year.  I used that link from the "check for upgrades" mega thread on here and it said I was eligible to upgrade to the QS (straight over the QS1 which was very surprising).  GL on getting the QS.

Message 2 of 8
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

I would get rid of the card if her credit history is good. They should have offered her better.

I would also get rid of the card if her credit history isn't so good, and you are willing to let her ride on your accounts to rebuild her credit.

My wife didn't even have a credit profile, so I started helping her build a profile by riding on my accounts. She constantly gets prequalified letters from Capital One, Discover, etc now. Just got approved for my first AMEX and put her in as a family user, and I explained to my wife the audacity of her having an AMEX without even having to apply. 

Don't get me wrong, the Quicksilver One is a GREAT card for rebuilding. It was my bread and butter for rebuilding from 540 - 703. However, why make your wife start from scratch?

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My DW has a useless Cap One Card with a $500 CL and a $59 AF?? I told her to PC to a Quicksilver. CSR said they can do it no problem but they still want to charge the AF. DW said no so the CSR put in a request to waive the fee. They told her if she doesn’t hear from them by Friday, call. Anyone have any luck trying this? I told her whatever the outcome, take the card, fee or no fee. At least it’s a points card.

I think you mean Quicksilver One as that one has the annual fee, however it's $39 annual fee versus the $59 your wife is paying. It also has 1.5% cash back. I would have accepted it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I told her to grab it. And ask for a higher CL.
Message 5 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

1.5% cash back does not take long to cover the AF and then when the card gets used and paid, the no AF option will come in the future.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the platinum card with a $500 cl and I believe it was a $39 AF, might have been $59. Anyway, I had the card for almost a year and saw the upgrade button on my accouunt details....clicked on it and after a few minutes, it came back and said I was elegible to upgrade to the Quicksilver Card with no AF.....I clicked on accept and I also got a $700 cli at the same time. I got the Quicksilver card in the mail and I like getting the cash back. I keep seeing people on her talking about the Quicksilver One care......what's the difference between my card and the quicksilver one?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only difference between the Quicksilver and QuicksilverOne is that the QuicksilverOne has a $39 AF. Besides that they both offer 1.5% cash back.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.