Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck with Comenity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luck with Comenity

So I've gotten a few pre-approved shopping cart trick offers yet once I accept, I get the "we'll send you a letter within 10 days with our decision" message. The letter I finally got for Sportsman Guide was a denial due to some information "not matching". I have no idea what they're talking about since the information I submitted IS my information and looking at my 3 reports from late December, appears to be accurate. I got my current, up to date EQ report last night and all I can think of is that for some reason, Comenity is looking at an old address even though that address is under the "previous addresses" section. I don't know what else could be wrong with the info. It's the very same info that got me approved for my BofA Visa, and both my AMEX Everyday card and my BofA car loan that I got last month.

I spoke to a Comenity "account protection" lady last night and she couldn't tell me exactly what the issue was. Only that there was a note on the application that something didn't match up. She suggested I contact EQ and make sure everything is updated and to reapply at the end of the month.

Anyway, I was wondering, would it help me "get in the door" with Comenity if I were to cold app for something of theirs and then try the SCT again later, once they see they've extended me credit? I've been interested in buying a piece of software using Bill Me Later. They're Comenity now, aren't they?

Anyone have any advice, suggestions, or experience to share?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: No luck with Comenity

I have found that having 10 cards from comenity doesn't help go through security faster for a new account... they are epically stupid if the computer doesn't handle the entire application and approval for them!

I would try cold applying for paypal, maybe at least then they will start sp the correct address.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I've gotten a few pre-approved shopping cart trick offers yet once I accept, I get the "we'll send you a letter within 10 days with our decision" message. The letter I finally got for Sportsman Guide was a denial due to some information "not matching". I have no idea what they're talking about since the information I submitted IS my information and looking at my 3 reports from late December, appears to be accurate. I got my current, up to date EQ report last night and all I can think of is that for some reason, Comenity is looking at an old address even though that address is under the "previous addresses" section. I don't know what else could be wrong with the info. It's the very same info that got me approved for my BofA Visa, and both my AMEX Everyday card and my BofA car loan that I got last month.

I spoke to a Comenity "account protection" lady last night and she couldn't tell me exactly what the issue was. Only that there was a note on the application that something didn't match up. She suggested I contact EQ and make sure everything is updated and to reapply at the end of the month.

Anyway, I was wondering, would it help me "get in the door" with Comenity if I were to cold app for something of theirs and then try the SCT again later, once they see they've extended me credit? I've been interested in buying a piece of software using Bill Me Later. They're Comenity now, aren't they?

Anyone have any advice, suggestions, or experience to share?

Thanks.

Cold apping for anything comenity just to get SCT offers is likely to not work, and or be a waste of time. Give it time.

Message 3 of 21
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

You might also want to check TU and EX to make sure they are right as well.  It very well may be they are still reporting your old address and the SCT will not work if this is the case.  My exp. is that I NEVER had them pull my EQ for a Comenity card.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that every report is showing current address as correct. My full name is also correct as are the last 4 digits of my social. Previous address section is also accurate as I don't live there anymore. I really don't get it. And the fact that they couldn't tell me what part of the info was the issue is frustrating to say the least.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It appears that every report is showing current address as correct. My full name is also correct as are the last 4 digits of my social. Previous address section is also accurate as I don't live there anymore. I really don't get it. And the fact that they couldn't tell me what part of the info was the issue is frustrating to say the least.

Perhaps it's a simple matter of them not approving everyone. Give it some time.

Message 6 of 21
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

It is your old address. The same thing happened to me. EQ is to blame. Call up EQ and tell them you want to dispute your old addresses, they have to clear it up for free.

Message 7 of 21
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Nixon is correct.  What are your current scores?

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ is 686 at the moment.

If they were to deny me for a low score, thin file, too many accounts, etc., I'd understand and happily just wait for improvements. What's frustrating is that I'm being denied for personal information that is exactly the same on other reports and that has been the same for my entire life (with the exception of the address) without my score even being part of the equation.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45 wrote:

It is your old address. The same thing happened to me. EQ is to blame. Call up EQ and tell them you want to dispute your old addresses, they have to clear it up for free.

I'll try that, thanks Jerry. I don't get why an address in the "previous addresses" section would make a difference but I'll request to have them clean that up.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.