Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luv from Disco

tag
arkane
Established Contributor

No luv from Disco

$2500 SL, always let statement cut at 0, AZEO ever since app spree 3 months ago, past 90 day mark on 22nd. Pushed luv button today for 0 luv, then called recon and was told reasons for denial were

1) Length of history with account

2) Escalating utilization over all accounts

1 ok can't argue with that, but escalating utilziation? Seriously??? My aggregate util is 1%, and my individual util is either 8% or 4% depending on whether Barclays has reported my new statement balance to the CRAs or not. I'd have to stop using all my cards altogether to drop util lol, and I told the CSR as much. He offered to do a HP and I quickly declined.

Gonna try again in 30 days, and if I get no luv, I'm gonna max out each quarterly cap on the very first day of the quarter then SD the card until the next quarter. I don't need to be insulted like this. Smiley Mad

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No luv from Disco

Even you manage to "fix" utilization (where in this case I don't really see anything to fix), the length of account can still be the reason they use to deny the CLI. Even after 6 months my account was open, Discover still denied my CLI request using the account length reason.

Message 2 of 30
Kree
Established Contributor

Discover likes to be wanted. Try lettign a balance ride through statement for a month or two. You can still pay before interest kicks in.  I think.

Message 3 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

He should still be in a 0% period, so it would make no difference 

Disco CLI seems to be based on horoscope, alignment of Andromeda and flight pattern of bumblebee 

Message 4 of 30
arkane
Established Contributor

@Kreewrote:

Discover likes to be wanted. Try lettign a balance ride through statement for a month or two. You can still pay before interest kicks in.  I think.

What does it matter what the statement cuts at if they still get the swipe fees? Unless they lack any kind of internal monitoring and only go off of the statement balance, which I highly doubt. I have a 0% APR promo but I'll be damned if I carry balance just for Discover (even at 0% interest), simply not gonna happen.

@Remedioswrote:

Disco CLI seems to be based on horoscope, alignment of Andromeda and flight pattern of bumblebee 

haha well I'd have to guess most of it is because I'm not their target demographic of "prime revolvers" which Disco openly admits to preferring over transactors.

In any case, even if I "fixed" util, length of history will always be a convenient excuse to deny a CLI sadly.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedioswrote:

I agree with this. 😂. When looking for data points, it is quite literally all over the place. 

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, right (rolling eyes). I *seem* to be on the 90-day CLI track so far (CLI's in June, September and December, the June and December ones being Discover-initiated), but I don't know how things will shake out next month (next week, actually, when the next statement cuts) when I make my next attempt considering that I'm going to be paying off my existing balance this week.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me, I got my CL cut about a year ago for the same reasons they told you and I have yet to get them to give me a CL increase not matter what I do. They used to be one of my favorite cards but now I do the same as you are doing, max out the return, pay it off and don't use it. They don't make much on me since if I had a higher CL with them I'd use the card more for other transactions besides the 5%. 

Message 8 of 30
arkane
Established Contributor

Disco does CLDs?!

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited 4 1/2 months before I asked for my first CLI and was approved for $4100.00. I tend to be on the conservative side and hate being told no.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.