Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from Capital One EO?-- Final Update Success

tag
physicist82
Regular Contributor

Re: No response from Capital One EO?

@Dw4250 wrote:

OP did you try going through the normal channels first (CSR, online chat)?  If you haven't, I would try it.  Even though most likely you will not get results you want, at least you will be able to tell EO you tried the normal route first.

I contacted EO through Facebook, and took about a week for them to respond.  However, they did send me an acknowledgment right away. 

Good luck!

I did try chat first. After an hour on chat with them and all I could get out of them was switching me to Quicksilver one with my current AF's, 19, 39, and 59. I am always so angry after chat. Even if I don't get what I want, it still annoys me that they purposely avoid specific questions and are unknowledgeable to say the least. Last chat guy I talked to couldn't even explain why the new card I activated (after the switched us to QS1) said one set of last 4 numbers but the activation screen said a completely different set. All I got out of him was blah card is activated and ready to use. 

Message 11 of 25
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

Re: No response from Capital One EO?

The one time I didnt hear back from them, I ended up getting a letter in the mail, with a comment about them not being able to reach me. It had a contact name and # in the letter. Just give them a call. Its way easier. 

Message 12 of 25
physicist82
Regular Contributor

Cap1 EO Experience

We finally got a call today from Cap1 EO. I thought I would post what he was/wasn't able to do because threads like that helped me when I was trying to figure out what to ask.

He left a message because we didn't answer the phone right away. We then called him back. He already had everything in my email pretty much sorted out by the time that we spoke to him so we didn't have to re-explain/ask everything over again.

We have 3 Cap1 cards. One is an old HSBC card. Recently all 3 got switched to Quicksilver One with our current AF's through chat. 

The ages and limits of the cards are:

2005: 1000

2011: 750

2006: 750 (was 500 got 250 increase through luv button)

I asked him for no AF's, lower interest rate and for $10,000 on at least 1 card so we can use it for intl travel. 

He was able to credit us for all 3 AF's for this year and said at the anniversary date we could ask again for the waiver as well as see if we qualify for no AF permanently.

He was able to lower the APR on our oldest card from 17.9 to 14.9.

He couldn't lower the APR on the most recent one that was opened in 2011, something about too new but we could try again on anniversary date in January.

He couldn't lower the APR on the old HSBC because he said they aren't fully combined/integrated yet so he couldn't touch the APR on that one at all. 

He took a bunch of information (income and assets like 401k and stuff) and submitted it to the underwriters for the CLI, said we should hear back by the end of the week and he would give us a call with their response.

He also said that we can never switch to QS no annual fee or either of the Venture cards because they are VISA and you can't switch from MC to VISA, so if we ever wanted the Venture we would have to apply for it new. 

I will update as soon as I hear something about the CLI's. 

Message 13 of 25
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 EO Experience

@physicist82 wrote:

We finally got a call today from Cap1 EO. I thought I would post what he was/wasn't able to do because threads like that helped me when I was trying to figure out what to ask.

He left a message because we didn't answer the phone right away. We then called him back. He already had everything in my email pretty much sorted out by the time that we spoke to him so we didn't have to re-explain/ask everything over again.

We have 3 Cap1 cards. One is an old HSBC card. Recently all 3 got switched to Quicksilver One with our current AF's through chat. 

I asked him for no AF's, lower interest rate and for $10,000 on at least 1 card so we can use it for intl travel. 

He was able to credit us for all 3 AF's for this year and said at the anniversary date we could ask again for the waiver as well as see if we qualify for no AF permanently.

He couldn't lower the APR on the most recent one that was opened in 2011, something about too new but we could try again on anniversary date in January.

He couldn't lower the APR on the old HSBC because he said they aren't fully combined/integrated yet so he couldn't touch the APR on that one at all. 

He took a bunch of information (income and assets like 401k and stuff) and submitted it to the underwriters for the CLI, said we should hear back by the end of the week and he would give us a call with their response.

He also said that we can never switch to QS no annual fee or either of the Venture cards because they are VISA and you can't switch from MC to VISA, so if we ever wanted the Venture we would have to apply for it new. 

That's great news. You had some wins....In due course of time, you may have few more....Thanks for sharing....

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 14 of 25
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@physicist82 wrote:

There might be other reasons attached to the particular card of yours, or it is also entirely possible that Cap One changed its policies in the last quarter.

I had a Platinum MC (no AF) which was PCed to Platinum QuickSilver. It says QS on the card and Platinum on the online account. The card is a MC, and not a One, so no AF. 

I could get the PC straight through the chat service. I had to go the EO route only for the CLI. 

Some other members have also got a PC from other MC card to QS no-AF MC card. They did use to have a no-fee MC version of the Visa QS, but nobody could apply for it from outside.

Could other members post if Cap One has stopped the practice of converting to their flagship cards?

Message 15 of 25
physicist82
Regular Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@physicist82 wrote:

There might be other reasons attached to the particular card of yours, or it is also entirely possible that Cap One changed its policies in the last quarter.

I had a Platinum MC (no AF) which was PCed to Platinum QuickSilver. It says QS on the card and Platinum on the online account. The card is a MC, and not a One, so no AF. 

I could get the PC straight through the chat service. I had to go the EO route only for the CLI. 

Some other members have also got a PC from other MC card to QS no-AF MC card. They did use to have a no-fee MC version of the Visa QS, but nobody could apply for it from outside.

Could other members post if Cap One has stopped the practice of converting to their flagship cards?

Maybe that is what he meant by saying that we could keep trying back to see if we qualify for no AF in regards to the quicksilver. But for the Venture he specifically said no switch from MC to VISA. I didn't know the QS was a visa until I went to the card site after the call to see if the Venture really was a VISA and saw that the QS was one as well.

Message 16 of 25
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I had a platinum card that was a mastercard.  They switched mine before I canceled it to the no AF quicksilver but it was still a mastercard.  So it should be possible to get rid of the AF

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 17 of 25
jim44
Established Contributor

I have one of the old HSBC cards myself and received the same answer when I requested a CLI.  It's sure taking C1 an awful long time to intigrate their systems. Also C1 offered me several times over the course of a year to PC my Platinum MC to the Venture card.... the offer always had an expiration date.  Unless the Venture comes in MC as well as Visa, I don't understand their reasoning for not letting you PC your MC to a Venture Visa.  Sometimes it seems like they have a list of excuses that they use when similar situations arise. Just MO

Message 18 of 25
1_2
Contributor

OP...I just posted "Capital One Accidental Success" thread. They upgraded me to a Quicksilver.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 19 of 25
physicist82
Regular Contributor

Yay!

EO called back. They doubled our $1000 to $2000 and upped the 2 $750 cards to $1000 each. 

If I hadn't read so much about contacting to Cap1 on here we would still be sitting where we started. Thanks everyone!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.