cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom decline due to recent inquiries?

tag
lexus829
Contributor

Nordstrom decline due to recent inquiries?

Hi all,

New here... recently rebuilding credit have CH7 in 2009, already have car loans etc... have a secured credit card from my CU and capital one.  Recenty applied for Nordstrom  but was declined to recent inquiries in te past 2-6 months and a cc with over 80 % balance... Smiley Happy  EX score is 610..  i did some search that  this is one of their main
reason to decline but should I try calling for reconsideration? or just wait?

regards,

Alex

11/2016 - EQ(575)/TU(550)/EX(565) Current - EQ(675)/TU(680)/EX(678) Goal – 700

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Re: Nordstrom decline due to recent inquiries?

Usually lenders use that excuse when there is something they don't like in your profile. It's almost never the real reason for the decline unless you are dealing with someone like Citi who has a fairly strict rule on recent inquiries.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 2 of 7
lexus829
Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Usually lenders use that excuse when there is something they don't like in your profile. It's almost never the real reason for the decline unless you are dealing with someone like Citi who has a fairly strict rule on recent inquiries.

Thanks Matt.

I agree , aside from previous bk, inquiry and close to limit cards.. dont really have much negaitve.

Wanted to send an email but looking at the old posts they were deleted for privacy reasons.. 

Anyone have these information? Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many inquiries do you have? do you know which report they pulled? Also, you need to pay your balances down some. 80% is high. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex
I am also rebuilding my credit was approved for the Nordstrom card in May. Not instantly had to do ask for a reconsideration . My advice to you is why not try calling them you already have the HP.

But I have to say Norstrom really has a thing for too many inquiries.

When I was approved in May I only had two inquiries on Ex.
My score on EX was 588. Had a CO From 2013. And about 2 months of credit history my utilization was 38%

Approved for $300 Made two payments leaving a small balance and they just auto increase it to $1250.

Basically I can say from experience most of the analyst are very kind and try to see if they can really get you approved .

Best of luck hope it works for you😀
Message 5 of 7
lexus829
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how many inquiries do you have? do you know which report they pulled? Also, you need to pay your balances down some. 80% is high. 

wasnt much but was recent..

4 in the last 2 months... yes i'll pay that down this month.....thanks! they pulled Equifax.. so including them its 5...lol!

Message 6 of 7
lexus829
Contributor

Thanks Janzy310 appreciate the info

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.