Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed with AMEX so far...

tag
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

Not impressed with AMEX so far...

I was approved for an AMEX Delta Gold card over a week ago and i still have not received my card. Unfortunately, i noticed my apartment number was left off of the initial application. I called the same day and was told that my address could not be updated until either I received the card or after ten days of my approval. I KNOW my mail carrier is not going to deliver the card without an apt number. I called back today and was told they cannot send another card until the ten days are up, which is this Saturday. This is so frustrating to me. I figured if I’m able to completely verify myself then what’s the problem with updating my address at least? I really hope to have better experiences with AMEX going forward. Otherwise, to the sock drawer it goes! Lol
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Not impressed with AMEX so far...

in the same boat here, I do not see the full address online and can't see it until the card arrives with the CID #.  I do hope they have the right address.  

Message 2 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Has happened to me several times on each new Amex card I get for some reason with the exception of the last.  Their system seems to have an issue with addresses maybe longer ones as mine is certainly long with Unit/Apt #'s.  It seems like the problem is with Unit/Apt #'s, etc.  They have an internal rule of 10 days which really is dumb IMO as it was their systems mistake, but they treat it as a fraud prevention is why they don't allow you to request it for another 10 days.. What is even more of a hassle they just won't send it to you as after the 10 day period you gotta call or chat again to get it sent to the correct address.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good info to know.
I wonder if appling by phone would eliminate this hassle for folks who live in apt & condo?
Message 4 of 17
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I never had an issue with an apartment number.

Amex will overnight the card to you if you ask after the 10 days are up. Explain the situation and ask for them to overnight it.

It’s a fraud prevention thing. Don’t hold it against them to much. You wouldn’t want your neighbor being able to get your credit cards just by simply switching the apartment number from yours to his the day after he app’d for a card in your name.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry this happened to you. I know how exciting getting a new card can be. I have never had any problems with AMEX either in regards to applications. In all honesty I feel like people move really fast when filling out credit card applications because they want to rush to the end result to see if they are approved. Hey, credit cards can be exciting!

As someone who has stayed in a good deal of condos, apartments, etc. I am always making a conscious effort to look for where to put my apartment/unit # for anything, including online orders. If there is no box for unit #, that doesn't mean you can choose to not put a unit #, that usually means that you need to just add a "," and put the unit # next to it (example: 123 Montgomery St, Unit #123). Even for food delivery apps I never hit submit on anything that asks for my address if my unit # isn't clearly displayed.

Nonetheless, I don't think you can fairly knock a creditor for one hiccup that was due to an error on the applicant's part just because they are trying to help prevent fraud. I personally love their customer service and fraud prevention team. Also, as someone else already pointed out, they will literally overnight you a new card after the ten day mark and let you choose whether it comes via UPS or USPS (not many creditors give you that flexbility).

Good luck, and enjoy your new card!

@Goal_Getterwrote:
I was approved for an AMEX Delta Gold card over a week ago and i still have not received my card. Unfortunately, i noticed my apartment number was left off of the initial application. I called the same day and was told that my address could not be updated until either I received the card or after ten days of my approval. I KNOW my mail carrier is not going to deliver the card without an apt number. I called back today and was told they cannot send another card until the ten days are up, which is this Saturday. This is so frustrating to me. I figured if I’m able to completely verify myself then what’s the problem with updating my address at least? I really hope to have better experiences with AMEX going forward. Otherwise, to the sock drawer it goes! Lol

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm very impressed with Amex even more now knowing they're not going to send some fraudster in your building a card to go and charge up and leave you with the collections to fight.

Message 7 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I'm very impressed with Amex even more now knowing they're not going to send some fraudster in your building a card to go and charge up and leave you with the collections to fight.

Yep, not understanding the hate here when they're just trying to protect your account.

Message 8 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Although the only thing is you aren't liable for the charges.  They are more protecting themselves, but none-the-less I understand why they do this.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frustrating, for sure.  Forgive me, but I still think you're being a little too sensitive here.  SD the card because of a little address hiccup?  You're the only one that loses, in that equation.  

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.