Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed with AMEX so far...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not impressed with AMEX so far...

My AMEX just shipped yesterday. I'm hoping I don't have this issue. Goodluck with your card and hopefully this will be the only issue you have with them.
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Amex! I have a condo and never had a issue getting a card delivered. I believe the last time I went to request a replacement card (because mine was getting worn out) they didn't show my unit # for security purposes. It only showed my street, city, etc.
Message 12 of 17
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Goal_Getterwrote:
I was approved for an AMEX Delta Gold card over a week ago and i still have not received my card. Unfortunately, i noticed my apartment number was left off of the initial application. I called the same day and was told that my address could not be updated until either I received the card or after ten days of my approval. I KNOW my mail carrier is not going to deliver the card without an apt number. I called back today and was told they cannot send another card until the ten days are up, which is this Saturday. This is so frustrating to me. I figured if I’m able to completely verify myself then what’s the problem with updating my address at least? I really hope to have better experiences with AMEX going forward. Otherwise, to the sock drawer it goes! Lol

Just to be fair, this is your own problem, not AmEx's problem. You should not have applied the card before you change physical address.

There is a lot of fraud now. No CC bank would want to send the card to a different address. You need to give them at least 10 business days to get the card sent to you. Do not expect white glove service from all the banks.

Good luck with it.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP Didn't apply before moving.  Accidentally left the apartment number off the app.  Now, whether he accidentally left it off, or AX has an isue with their system(which sounds like might be the case), it's still more hassle than it should have to be to get resolved.  As I said above though, no reason to SD the card.  Work throguh it, life happens, and move on.  

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question to OP, was your 632 Experian including any baddies when you were approved. I want that card but can't get a pre-qualification for it so tempted to cold app.

Message 15 of 17
Goal_Getter
New Contributor

I had one baddie on Experian which is a one year old repossession. The balance is around $2800. I’m workomg with the creditor to get it paid off and HOPEFULLY removed.
Starting Score: 550
Current Scores: EQ 658 EX 651 TU 669
Goal Score: 700
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very happy with them today...had a similar situation customer service was not helpful...at all with address issue when I first signed up it was missing pl. ...at least they will do 1 day ship if you ask for it
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.