Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I need to go to bed.. I can't stop

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: OMG I need to go to bed.. I can't stop

@Anonymous wrote:
I get it, it's a rush getting approved for a new card. But damn you have to stop somewhere. I mean right? I'm new to this forgive my ignorance please...

I don't condone it personally but if it works for so and so, then so be it. There are also people who churn through sign up bonuses on cards so there's also that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 21 of 42
upnorth
New Contributor

Do you have to keep using each card periodically, like at least once a year? My wife had a Macy's card, but after 3 years of no activity they closed it without informing us.has that happened to you? What is your strategy there?

UNFCU Visa Azure $45k, Sams Master Card $35k, Amex Costco $25k, Fidelity Visa $25k, Chase Freedom $18k, Cap 1 Mastercard $12.5k, Kohls $1.5k, Cancelled on my own BA $25 (it was Schwab card earlier) and Chase Saffire $22k. Also have 2 business cards with Chase and 1 Amex Open. AU Target $2500.
Scores: 11/14 EX 801; 11/14 TU FICO 805; 11/14 Van 823
Message 22 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@upnorth wrote:

Do you have to keep using each card periodically, like at least once a year? My wife had a Macy's card, but after 3 years of no activity they closed it without informing us.has that happened to you? What is your strategy there?

I have to keep using the comenity cards because the system keeps giving CLI every 1-2 months on most of them but only after I use it and let it report and pay and then cli and then use again... mind you I have mastered spending under $20 and most of the time under $5 but it's kind of a pain but I won't complain considering I have over $5k on Pier 1 from $250 in under 6 months and $12k something from West Elm in under a year and under $300 total spend I think and the list goes on.

I give a couple store cards to people I trust to make use of in small amounts to help with keeping active and statements generating for GE/Sync cards that only seem to get cli after 4 statements, etc.

i have a few different ways of doing things! it is a bit time consuming at some points. lol

Message 23 of 42
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

Some people here just really enjoy collecting credit cards like that.

... and the attention they get from posting on the forums telling all of myFICO about it.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 24 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Ewww
Message 25 of 42
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I applied for True Value Discover - Pending Review

Capital One Venture One - Pending Review

Saks - Says I already have an app (they only find my Nov. app and told me to call the credit report agency) I told him he was stupid to suggest such a thing

Logix Savings - Pending Review

Holy crap man. That's a lot in one sitting. 

Why the Venture One as opposed to the Venture though?

Did you have anything with US Bank before going for the Club Carlson BTW?

figured it was the easier cap1

no usbank but am looking into opening bank accounts for business there.

CA...  too many INQs. sheesh.

A data point is that prior to opening a US Bank checking account, all I received were suggestions for their Contour prepaid credit card. Three months later, I am now receiving offers for a few actual US Bank credit cards, although only for Perks+, not the Cash+ most seek.

Since you already applied, I'd hold off on anything further with US Bank until the dust settles.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 26 of 42
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

I find it hilarious that anyone would try to judge CA on his/her credit card strategy.  Granted its not for everyone but the overall knowledge brought to the table, day in and day out, about the issuers/apping/credit pulls/offers/underrwriting is invaluable to this forum.

I for one am grateful they are crazy addicted and openly share their knowledge so I can pick and choose which where to go next in my journey based on that information.

Happy New Year  CA!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 27 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Smiley Happy

+100

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 28 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I find it hilarious that anyone would try to judge CA on his/her credit card strategy.  Granted its not for everyone but the overall knowledge brought to the table, day in and day out, about the issuers/apping/credit pulls/offers/underrwriting is invaluable to this forum.

I for one am grateful they are crazy addicted and openly share their knowledge so I can pick and choose which where to go next in my journey based on that information.

Happy New Year  CA!

+100000

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Happy New Year  CA!

Very well said

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.