Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odds of Capital One

So i have two credit cards by capital one that are both done with the credit steps.I started with the platinum which after steps was upgraded to the quicksilve. i also have the QS one which just received a credit increase yesterday. I really want to apply for the Ventureone card but dont want to waste three hard pulls for nothing. My scoes as of today are trans-608 equifax-607 and experien-611. Anyone think i should go ahead?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Odds of Capital One

@Anonymous wrote:

So i have two credit cards by capital one that are both done with the credit steps.I started with the platinum which after steps was upgraded to the quicksilve. i also have the QS one which just received a credit increase yesterday. I really want to apply for the Ventureone card but dont want to waste three hard pulls for nothing. My scoes as of today are trans-608 equifax-607 and experien-611. Anyone think i should go ahead?

Dont Do it. Wait until your scores are at least in the 660's+ range. 

Message 2 of 15
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

That's on the low side even for Cap1

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!Just looking for a good travel card before i am off to the garden but its so hard waiting for your score to update

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture 1 has worse benefits than QS. I don't see any advantage applying for it.
Message 5 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Venture 1 has worse benefits than QS. I don't see any advantage applying for it.

Not sure worse. Sure 1.25 miles. It's not cash back. But it's a visa signature. Which has plenti of benefits. If used. Not just miles. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait until your scores reach upper 600's for a better chance at being approved.
Message 7 of 15
creditwraith
New Contributor

Make sure that you pay your cards down every month before the statement cuts. Common mistake that I was making, because the statement balance is what is getting reported the the CBs. If your UTI is over 30 percent, it murders your score especially during the rebuilding phase. You could literally see your credit jump into the 650s from that if its what it suppressing your score currently.

Ive studied Cap1 a bit on their Venture cards, and if you have a year of history with them on a Cap1 card and a median score of 660 with very few Baddies over the past year your odds go way up. In addition, having one card in your wallet with a 2-3k limit seems to help quite a bit too. 5k would be ideal for the Venture.

Venture 20k
Venture 15k
QS Siggy 7k
NFCU CashRewards 8k
NFCU CLOC 15k
Message 8 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys!Just looking for a good travel card before i am off to the garden but its so hard waiting for your score to update

I agree with waiting, but just want to point out that Venture One is not a "travel card"...it's 1.25% "miles" redeemable ONLY for travel expenses at full value.

Compare with the Quicksilver, which is 1.5% cash (which you can use for travel if you wish!), redeemable for anything.

There is no contest, reward-wise, between the two and Venture One is no better as a "travel card". Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the responses guys!So when my scores reach 660 which they should soon im waiting for my utilization to kick in and i have femoved several baddies what kind of travel card should i be looking at at those scores?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.