cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds on getting Care Credit with TU score going into the 660's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Odds on getting Care Credit with TU score going into the 660's?

I'm strongly considering getting Care Credit (Synchrony) by the end of the year, since I have a number of medical/related needs in the near future. I need both dental work and maintenance/upkeep work on my hearing aids done, and also I have two pet rabbits whose veterinary care, should they need any, needs to be provided for (I have pet health insurance on them and would put the reimbursements to pay down the Care Credit balance); in fact I'm planning to arrange for a semiannual checkup for them in the next month or so.

I've been gardening since the beginning of July, and currently have a TU of 659 (I'm planning to try for a CLI on my Amazon card, also Synchrony, soon); at least one inquiry is going to get to the 1-year mark and stop affecting my score next month, and another one is going to drop off entirely at the end of December. So I'm wondering if I have a good chance of getting Care Credit if I apply for it when I go to the vet or dentist later this fall.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Re: Odds on getting Care Credit with TU score going into the 660's?

Hi Joe, got $1,500 back in June with TU 625. just recently got an increase to 6k.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 2 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You will be approved the amount most likely will be based on your income.. probably 4k-6k range

Message 3 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@OP

Yes

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I go ahead and apply for Care Credit now? I have an appointment with my audiologist scheduled for next Friday (November 3rd) to see about getting new earmolds made for my hearing aids (which cost $140 last time I had it done a year and a half ago; earmolds tend to need fairly frequent replacement) and other maintenance work, and I'm also looking for a veterinarian with rabbit experience to schedule a checkup for my two pet bunnies before Thanksgiving.  I expect that, as per usual practice, it'll take up to 10 business days after approval for the card to be prepared and mailed.

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Go for it Joe, if you could really use it now, why wait. Good luck buddySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Good luck Joe!!!

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. Just a quick question. What is the benefit of using Care Credit versus another credit card for medical purchases?  Does Care Credit give you a lower interest rate?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind!  I just went to their website and now understand! 😁

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Go for it Joe, if you could really use it now, why wait. Good luck buddySmiley Happy

Bingo! Smiley Very Happy Will report details in Credit Card Approvals.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.