Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Credit Unions Guide

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Official Credit Unions Guide

I'm undecided which way to go. Yes and hope it grows or No and wait til I kill roughly $150k or more in open credit...???  Suggestions???

Currently have: 45 open revolving accounts with 400k avail credit. Might be time to close some down for realz.

This is a problem with alot of CU's and some bacnk for that matter.  Is to much available credit vs. income, etc..  Why I try to keep mine around 200k, but getting harder and harder to do.

$500 isn't really a useable CL, but the question is as Baller stated will it grow if you get rid of some other cards with worse terms..  

Message 61 of 624
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah I really need to slow my roll apping. I'm already over $300k. Not sure how SDFCU and Unify will feel about that! 😆 I need to lay low. Like real low. Maybe chill till Jan. 2018?
Message 62 of 624
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@JoMellow wrote:

I heard back from SDFCU yesterday. Counteroffer.  I think they are not super pleased about my portfolio.

Thank you for your request. Due to the number of creditors you currently have we have counteroffered you a $500.00 VISA Platinum.

Pleaser let us know if you accept this offer.

I haven't responded yet.  I'm not offended at the *cough* $500.00 *cough* counteroffer - but this card is really about being a chip card for European travel.

I'm undecided which way to go. Yes and hope it grows or No and wait til I kill roughly $150k or more in open credit...???  Suggestions???

Currently have: 45 open revolving accounts with 400k avail credit. Might be time to close some down for realz.

You have 400k in open credit? I didn't think I've seen anybody with higher revolving credit limits.

Congrats! You shooting for half a mil? 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 63 of 624
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lol grill where have you been? 12njoy is near $800k. And we have a few well over a million!
Message 64 of 624
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Lol grill where have you been? 12njoy is near $800k. And we have a few well over a million!

Wow! Clearly I'm just a blind squirrel in this world of revolving credit lines! Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 65 of 624
baller4life
Super Contributor

LMAO!
Message 66 of 624
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Yeah I really need to slow my roll apping. I'm already over $300k. Not sure how SDFCU and Unify will feel about that! 😆 I need to lay low. Like real low. Maybe chill till Jan. 2018?

Umm 2018 lol.. We know neither of us can do that im 2 months in garden already and getting the cold chills..  Granted really nothing jumping out at me I must get now.  So will remain until the new and great bonus comes out Smiley Happy.. Arrival plus just can't get me out for travel credit 50k.

Message 67 of 624
baller4life
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Umm 2018 lol.. We know neither of us can do that im 2 months in garden already and getting the cold chills..  Granted really nothing jumping out at me I must get now.  So will remain until the new and great bonus comes out Smiley Happy.. Arrival plus just can't get me out for travel credit 50k.

I'm 14 days in lol. All I can do is try and hold out. The perfect time to app for these smaller CUs would be if Synchrony sends me those blue envelopes and I tell them to take a hike. That would be $60k gone right there! 😂

Message 68 of 624
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Jan 2018 is a long long time away.*chokes a lil*

But as we see over & over again, gardening DOES pay off.

I'm in the same boat with you though.

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 69 of 624
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Baller – I’ve sent them a counter-counter offer, we’ll see what happens. I’m leaning towards saying yes and then tracking how they are with cli’s. Either way really makes no difference to me.

CreditCurisouity – I’m quite surprised they even made a counteroffer, not sure I’ve ever seen that before. Definitely time to say goodbye to a some accounts.

Grillandwinemaster – I’m not even a big fry compared to some of our myFICO’ers. This community has been a huge influencer on my credit life. I joined June 2014, had around $20k in credit. Opened 15 new revolving accounts in 2014, 10 in 2015 and 4 so far this year. I’ve got to be done or else bad stuff could happen. Smiley Sad

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 70 of 624
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.