Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Credit Unions Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official Credit Unions Guide

I should have added this data before now, as I get a lot of requests for these data points. Sorry I've been such a slug lol! 

Advantis Credit Union

Open to Oregon and Washington residents in most counties. Local credit union, very kind to rebuilders. I was just 8 months post Chapter 7 discharge when I got my first loan with them. HP EQ for membership and everything else. Credit pull is good for that specific product only. So, if you are opening a savings, applying for a car loan and a credit card, all on the same day, three HP's. They will finance 125% on used car loans, they will finance 90% of book value on new RV's. They also do boats and personal watercraft (jet skis, etc). They offer three Visa credit cards. A starter that goes to $5K, a non-rewards card that will go to $50K and a rewards card with an annual fee that goes to $50K as well. I picked the middle card as I try to keep my rewards on a couple of cards instead of spreading them out. $5.00 to join. Underwriting is very DTI driven (like most CU's in my experience). <35% is where they like it but CSR said they will stretch to 40% if you are building a relationship with them. POI on every loan product, everytime you apply. Super quick response time. Very helpful and friendly, from CSR's in the branch and on the phone to conversations with the lending department. Decision makers in the lending department are very accessible. https://www.advantiscu.org/

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
Total Revolving Credit Lines January 2016: $2600
Total Revolving Credit Lines January 2017: $138K
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
01/17 Fico 8: EQ-695, TU-703, EX-673
03/17 Fico 8: EQ-694, TU-710, EX-678
Advantis CU Siggy Visa $25K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600> $22K, NFCU CLOC $15K, NFCU Go Rewards Visa $5,500, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, PenFed Platinum Rewards Siggy Visa $5500, SPGVisa $4,500>$5250, Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K>$8K, Good Sam Visa $1800>$3300, Discover $1800>$2K>$2300>$2600, Lowe's $6K>$17K, Overstock $7K>$7300>$7700, Evine $1K>$5K>$6K, HSN $3750, PenFed Thrifty $500, Barclay's Hawaiian Airlines WEMC $2K, Williams-Sonoma Siggy Visa $5K. That's right...Credit One Visa is G-O-N-E!

Message 481 of 624
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if I missed it but did anyone ever confirm whether First Tech was a SP or HP for membership?  Seems like the do check chexsystems, but not sure if they are senstive to it.

Message 482 of 624
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Update:

First Tech FCU

SP membership

Chexsystems review

EX HP for products

Message 483 of 624
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I seen it mentioned in this thread that DCU SP for membership has anyone joined recently can they confirm this?

Message 484 of 624
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

I seen it mentioned in this thread that DCU SP for membership has anyone joined recently can they confirm this?

^^^^

Message 485 of 624
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

@bigpoppa09 wrote:

^^^^

I believe that I've seen the same reported on here and creditboards that it's now a SP.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 486 of 624
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Did a little bit of research on a couple CUs I'm interested in:

Hanscom FCU:

I emailed asking about bureau, min score for best APR (and what score model), HP to join, etc:

"HFCU using Experian. The best credit score is 730 or higher. We do not use other credit scores from others. As part of an application for any HFCU, credit is pulled."

No answer on score model, but I'd guess one of the older ones.

PSECU:

I asked if you would be eligible if you're out of state, but a student (online) at one of their member schools. Received this response:

"You would be eligible as an online student, but will be required to provide documentation such as a course schedule."

Suncoast CU (FL):

Their membership eligibility page asks questions like if you live in their geographical area, if you're related to a member, and if you answer 'no' to all of them, it says this: "Don't give up! We'd be happy to help determine your eligibility. Simply contact us."

So I did (following the link they provided). First response just told me to go back to the page that I was already on. So I explained the message, why I was asking, etc. and the 2nd response just copy and pasted the requirements from that page. So apparently, there is no other way to join.

NWFCU:

"Thank you for contacting Northwest Federal Credit Union! We do not do a hard credit pull for our accounts but we do a soft pull. We do recommend you lift the credit freeze if you have one on your report. For any reports being pulled we use Experian." 

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 487 of 624
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Good info, Suncoast was on my list..but I'm in FL...I'm a member of NWFCU, through Realtors FCU which is a division of NWFCU, Realtors FCU was very nice when I joined, several years ago and did an auto refi through NWFCU.

Message 488 of 624
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyryan wrote:

Hanscom FCU:

I emailed asking about bureau, min score for best APR (and what score model), HP to join, etc:

"HFCU using Experian. The best credit score is 730 or higher. We do not use other credit scores from others. As part of an application for any HFCU, credit is pulled."

PSECU:

I asked if you would be eligible if you're out of state, but a student (online) at one of their member schools. Received this response:

"You would be eligible as an online student, but will be required to provide documentation such as a course schedule."

Suncoast CU (FL):

Their membership eligibility page asks questions like if you live in their geographical area, if you're related to a member, and if you answer 'no' to all of them, it says this: "Don't give up! We'd be happy to help determine your eligibility. Simply contact us."

So I did (following the link they provided). First response just told me to go back to the page that I was already on. So I explained the message, why I was asking, etc. and the 2nd response just copy and pasted the requirements from that page. So apparently, there is no other way to join.

NWFCU:

"Thank you for contacting Northwest Federal Credit Union! We do not do a hard credit pull for our accounts but we do a soft pull. We do recommend you lift the credit freeze if you have one on your report. For any reports being pulled we use Experian." 

Still no Golden 1....le sigh. 

Suncoast would be great. Are you going to contact them?

Message 489 of 624
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@heyryan wrote:

Hanscom FCU:

PSECU:

Suncoast CU (FL):

NWFCU:

Still no Golden 1....le sigh. 

Suncoast would be great. Are you going to contact them?

I'm actually going to call Golden 1 today Smiley Happy I want one basic card w/ a very low APR as an emergency/big ticket card, and theirs currently goes as low as 7.9 I think. I need to find out which score model they use and what score they're looking for. Patelco is also in the running, as they're at 6.something, but I'm waiting to hear back from them, too. I can't remember, and honestly I'm being lazy not searching back, but did Golden1 tell you if it's a soft or hard inq to join? I tried to email them, but they said:

"The credit bureaus Golden 1 works with are Experian, Transunion and Equifax."

Really. Shocking. Smiley Frustrated Sadly, it appears I'm going to actually have to call and *gasp* talk to someone.

I did get in touch with Suncoast - they were less than helpful. They basically regurgitated what was on the website, even though the website said they'd be glad to help find a way to join. So I'm kinda SOL with them.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 490 of 624
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.