Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
iurantian
Established Member

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

My current FICO is EQ - 612 and I have a NFCU cc with 5K.....had my card for six months now.  Should I ask for a CLI?    If so, how much for?

Starting Score: 612 - Score Watch EQ
Current Score: 612 5/20/12
Goal Score: 700+

I'm taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 181 of 5,746
blunderer
Established Contributor

I asked for my first CLI at 4 or 5 months and it was granted. I'm sure yours will be. 

You may want to try the technique suggested here.  Some say they did small increase request online with instant approvals and a SP.  By small I think it was $500/$1,000 at a time until they hit their max limit.

It has been stated that if you get the 3-5 day message then it's probably a HP.  That was the case with me so since it was going to be a HP anyway when I got the message, I immediately called in and asked the rep to adjust the amount requested to what I thought would be my max. 

Whatever you decide I'm sure a CLI will be granted.

Message 182 of 5,746
Siopao
Regular Contributor

@blunderer wrote:

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner!!!!  My one and only cc limit is now 10k

Of course if they pulled TU where my score is 696 I guess my limit would be slightly higher.  But I haven't had the account a year yet so I'm happy with the limit especially after starting at an initial limit of $500.  And of course it's all due to the wealth of info here so many, many thanks to you all.

On another note; madmann26 do you know something I missed that you were able to correctly determine my limit. Smiley Wink

Thanks Blunderer!  I was just asking because I got the same reply from them when I tried to app for the Flagship Visa.  They said that I they couldn't extend my credit to accomodate the Flagship 5k minimum so they countered with the goRewards.  My EQ was at 681, but it very well may be my BK too.  

Message 183 of 5,746
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Got cash rewards in aug of last year along with navcheck

declined for cli 2x for cash (5k req and 8k req) and 1 time for navcheck (5k req)

Asked for a higher cli (10K) after I closed on my home less than a month after my last decline. Countered at 8.5K

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 184 of 5,746
GCM415
Established Member

I got approved for 7k with them, and my EQ score was a 594 per MYFICO. The highest limit I had prior to that was 2k. I've only had the card for like 2 months now, so I should probably wait it out a bit, for my reports to clear, before I try for a CLI, right? 

Message 185 of 5,746
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!" UPDATE***

DH just did a app for nRewards and got the 3-5 message. His EQ Is 568, income 33,000.00. I have 1,000 sitting in savings for a secured card if need be to get his started with NFCU.

Now the waiting begins. I knew it was Low and long shot and expected a counter with the nRewards secured. So now I really dont know what to expect lol! 

WOW NFCU just amazes me out of this world!!!

DH has 3 CC at 90% UTI ( they are balance chasing)

1 unpaid ( paying on) 10,000.00 judgement

3CO paid

1CO for 20,000.00 still showing CL and Balance

He has a Mortg in good standing

wait for it............

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a
nRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $5,000.00. Your APR will
be prime plus 14.74%. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail
delivery days.

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 186 of 5,746
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I initially got the cash rewards for $1000 with a 643 EQ FICO. Took me 2 more HP to get it to $10k. Being active duty, had to send in copies of 2 LES..messages them because I was thinking of apping for the nRewards card riht after that. They replied that since my acct was so new, $10k was the limit that they could extend me at that time. I'm sure if you call them or message them, they will tell you what your internal limit will be. Saves you the chance of a HP in the event you get the 3-5 day message. YMMV.
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 187 of 5,746
blunderer
Established Contributor

ktl72455 - Not necessarily a long shot.  I've seen stories where people with scores similar to DH's were approved.  So he may get approved it's just a wait game at this point.  Even if he doesn't get approved definitely recon. NFCU are very reasonable to deal with and it's worth going the extra mile if necessary to get an unsecured card.  I sent them a private message to recon one of their decisions. I just truthfully explained my situation to them.

Send good wishes your way for a positive outcome.

Message 188 of 5,746
blunderer
Established Contributor

Siopao - based on the cards your signature shows you have, I doubt if it's the BK since NFCU granted you the goRewards and you have the Siggy.  Maybe there is an internal limit with having multiple cards in addition to an internal limit on an individual card?  I think I'll do as suggested and call to ask about my internal limit including if that limits me being approved for another card with them. Currently I only have the one Visa Signature card. Not that I plan on apping it'll just be good to know.

Message 189 of 5,746
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

I have a question in regards to CLI. It shows your current CL and then there asking credit limit. so if you have $7k limit and want $15k do you put $15k or just ask for the difference? I'm a bit con fused on this.
Message 190 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.