Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Also, no AF is added.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 221 of 5,746
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

How does one get the Visa sig version of the Cash Rewards?

I've seen other poster talk about this version.  Anyone care to answer a few questions about it?

- How does one get it?  Does it have to be offered or can one ask for it or to apply for it?

- Does it have an AF like the Flagship?  If so, how much is the annual fee?

- Is there any diff in benefits or cash back?

TIA Smiley Happy

If you're approved for a credit limit of 5K or more it will be the Visa Signature version, it does not have an annual fee. Once approved, you'll have online access to the NFCU member mall where you'll be able to view what stores are offering as far as cash back goes.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 222 of 5,746
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

I've seen other poster talk about this version.  Anyone care to answer a few questions about it?

- How does one get it?  Does it have to be offered or can one ask for it or to apply for it?

TIA Smiley Happy

If you're approved for a credit limit of 5K or more it will be the Visa Signature version, it does not have an annual fee. Once approved, you'll have online access to the NFCU member mall where you'll be able to view what stores are offering as far as cash back goes.

When I first got with NFCU last year, I was given a $2K visa siggy cash rewards so the $5K is not standard with them.  Most other cards make it a minimum of $5K but not Navy!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 223 of 5,746
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@GetTheFico wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

TIA Smiley Happy

When I first got with NFCU last year, I was given a $2K visa siggy cash rewards so the $5K is not standard with them.  Most other cards make it a minimum of $5K but not Navy!

I stand corrected, thanks for the info.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 224 of 5,746
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

TIA Smiley Happy

This also applies to their other cards that have with points instead of cashback.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 225 of 5,746
Datx
Valued Contributor

@JoeRo wrote:
I applied for membership. They haven't approved it yet. That's why I was wondering it they are going to request anything for me to verify my relationship.

I hate to ask, but is your eligibility for membership questionable? Thing is with NFCU, you never know. Some members do not go through a security check, while others do. You may not be asked for verify that you are eligible now, but can be asked months later on. Best thing to do is have proof that you are eligible ready.

Message 226 of 5,746
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Great info guys.  Thank you for your feedback! Smiley Happy

I think I like this card.  As far as a basic 1% card goes, the Cash Rewards seems to be a good one.

And especialy if they roll out with the rotating cats, then coupled with high CLs and no AF, then this is a top contender in my book.

Message 227 of 5,746
iurantian
Established Member

My orignal post was a few pages back....just called today (cause I couldn't wait the 3-5 days, lol)...and they said I was denied.  I tried to see if they would counter offer and the lady on the phone says "usually they do" and that she'd put me on hold to go ask the one who denied me.  Minutes later she came back and said "they can't offer you anything at this time, and a letter will be coming in the mail to tell you why".

My story is below, and I'm guessing that the reason that I was denied is that I have three paid collections on my CR.  I guess we'll see what the answer is in a day or so when the reasons comes in the mail.  Just a heads up for anyone relitively near my shoes and is thinking about pulling the trigger on a CLI,

I just hit the luv botton, and got this message: Your credit limit increase request for $15,000.00 has been submitted for further review. A decision will be made in approximately 3-5 business days. A letter will be mailed advising you of the credit decision. MyFICO score is 612....and I have three paid collections (All three Oct 2012). My current Cash Rewards CC is for 5K and I asked for a CLI of 15,000 hoping to either get it, or to be countered with another amont. My utilization is sitting at 30% and falling, and have had the card for 6 months. What do you think my odds of getting it are...or even countered? From reading all the posts here, I'm not sure what I should do. Wait for the acceptance letter? If it's a denial letter, do I call and recon? Should I call and see what's up tomorrow, seeing as how they are closed today on Memorial Day....or wait?

Starting Score: 612 - Score Watch EQ
Current Score: 612 5/20/12
Goal Score: 700+

I'm taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 228 of 5,746
iurantian
Established Member

I plan on doing another recon when the letter (with the reasons for denial) comes in the mail.  Not sure if it's the same number I'll be calling, but if I could just explain myself to the "underwritter"...instead of a customer service rep, I think I'd get further.  Any thoughts on a second recon?  I haven't given up on that CLI dream just yet, lol.....what can it hurt, I've already gotten that HP Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 612 - Score Watch EQ
Current Score: 612 5/20/12
Goal Score: 700+

I'm taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 229 of 5,746
flyingace
Valued Member

I had a quick question, so bear w/ me... 

Using the knowledge from this forum, I encouraged my mom to ask for a CL increase for her NFCU card... only asked for 2K increase over the phone, cause I like to press the luv button online. But, if they gave her the 2K, chances are good that, if I go online and request more, there's already a SP (or HP, if any, as this is her first CLI I believe) from the request just yesterday, right? Or more than likely?

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 230 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.