Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Congrats! Navy is awesome.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 421 of 5,746
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

My wife nrewards has more than 3 months and ask for 25k CL and it didn't give me the counter offer just the 3-5 message, I guess is another HP....wife will be upset. This didn't happen in  my platinum credit card.

Message 422 of 5,746
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

I applied for my navcheck on 06/26/13 and  it was approved for 10k which was the amount I requested  when I received the documents and faxed it I requested next day to increase to 15k and it was appvoved without another HP.

Message 423 of 5,746
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Well since this thread got buried, I thought I would bring it back up to the top with some good news!

I just requested a CLI for my Flagship Visa from $5K to $20K.  I got an instant counter for $14K!!!!  I'll take it!  My first 5 digit card ever!  Smiley Very Happy

Just in case you guys were wondering, I've only had the card for just under 3 months.  My 3rd month statement will actually cut in about 3 days.

Message 424 of 5,746
iMarcus
Contributor

congrats

Message 425 of 5,746
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Any experience with overall util thresholds for NFCU cli requests? Of course, ideally less than 10%, but I was looking more along the lines of when its a "don't even bother" type situation (ie more than 50% util is probably an auto hellsno).

Back story: I just recently attained 15k navcheck, 2k cc, 500 cc. The reason for the low cc cls was a fed tax lien on credit. I maxed out pretty much ALL the avail credit to pay off IRS (NFCU was aware of this prior to doing so)...so a lien withdrawal (removed from credit) will be forthcoming about the same time it's luv button time. I'll qualify for higher cls without that huge negative listed they said, but naturally I want to avoid a 3-5 day msg (and a likely hp from it).

I have a financial plan for knocking down those balances as quickly as possible...but I'm just an old retired soldier so under 10% util isn't gonna happen in 3-4 months.

Thank you!
Message 426 of 5,746
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Got approved for rewards card with NFCU today. They pulled TU which is good cuz its highest score.

A little about my history to help those who are unsure about applying....

I do hv a bk13 discharge that will fall off in October. If that matters and one coll on my EQ report that will fall off next year if I don't decide to pay the $200 and have it fall of immediately based on CRTP. I have two secured cards I applied for in March with credit unions and both reported in April. Utilization is below 20% currently, zero balance on one card that reports each month. Low limits $500 & $200. I have an old cc that I closed in 2004 that i opened in probably 2005 that is showing paid and closed at my reqst. I also have two student loans reporting both had 120 day lates for Jan, due to no fault of my own I might add they never contacted me after bk was discharged in dec 2011. They are now current. NFCU pulled TU, so I need to add the TU does not have my BK13 on it. I cant tell if soft pulls were done I only know a hard pull was done to TU which is my highest score BTW. My scores are in my sig. Do note the are probably up from the date of pull since my cards have since reported so my scores did go up especially for TU & EX per my fako report which is pretty in tune with my FICO from studying and comparing since March both scores.

I would sincerely like to thank everyone on this forum, because without this forum I would probably still be in the dumps credit wise. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

I never thought I could rebuild within 5 months. Thank God I have!! I wont make the same mistakes twice I can tell you that because my bk13 year was the worst year of my life, but sad the the happiest too since I had a chance to rid myself of neck high debt due to my own mistakes. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THANK YOU NFCU FOR GIVING ME A CHANCE!!! LAST BUT NOT LEAST THANKS TO MY BROTHER FOR SURVING OUR COUNTRY MAKING NFCU A POSSIBLITY!!!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 427 of 5,746
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Anyone know if a member can transfer credit limit from navcheck to CCs the same way you could between CCs? Wasn't sure since navcheck isn't technically a CC product.

I have navcheck 15k, cc 2k, cc 500...would prefer something like 10k/5k/2.5k or so.

New accts and high util so CLIs won't be an option for awhile.

Thanks!
Message 428 of 5,746
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@Crossdivided wrote:
Anyone know if a member can transfer credit limit from navcheck to CCs the same way you could between CCs? Wasn't sure since navcheck isn't technically a CC product.

I have navcheck 15k, cc 2k, cc 500...would prefer something like 10k/5k/2.5k or so.

New accts and high util so CLIs won't be an option for awhile.

Thanks!

Unfortunately it can't be done, I asked that question last week when I opened my Navcheck.

Message 429 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I flirted with the luv button again last week. My result: I went from a 10k CL to a 16k CL in 2 requests. The 16k was a counter to my 20k request.

60% increase? I'll take it. I had a $1,799 balance at the time.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 430 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.