Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

There's nothing wrong with asking for the max limit on CLIs, if someone is using credit responsibly like your supposed to having a high credit limit allows you to use your card like you want to without having to make payments multiple times a month to me sure you do hit your limit or post too high of a util.
Message 451 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:
There's nothing wrong with asking for the max limit on CLIs, if someone is using credit responsibly like your supposed to having a high credit limit allows you to use your card like you want to without having to make payments multiple times a month to me sure you do hit your limit or post too high of a util.

I agree... if you can't handle your money and credit rather you have $500 or $50k won't change that you can't handle it... it just might either delay your falling or speed up your falling.... the fall is still going to happen... I really don't see how "Asking for the Max" vs sitting back and "waiting" is going to change the outcome if the person can't handle the credit or money.

this is like the other post suggesting not to consolidate and save money because to many people then run up the credit they just paid off... I don't think you should make bad financial decisions now to prevent you from "possibly" making bad financial decisions in the future...

Message 452 of 5,746
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

Any advice for getting approved for a Navcheck? I just opened a checking and savings account 3 weeks ago. As soon as I had my log in info I applied for Cash Rewards visa...bam instant approval for $6000! My highest limit ever! I then applied for Platinum and NRewards, got the wait message and was denied. I then applied for a Navcheck, only asked for $6000 since that was what my visa was approved at, but I was denied for that too. My scores are in the low 600's...mostly new credit and rebuilding. 7 collections/ charge offs...one year away from having 5 of those collections drop off, 2 years until I have no baddies! No lates in over 2 years.

I'll take whatever advice I can get...for Navcheck or credit cards. I love NFCU!
Message 453 of 5,746
scoobieky
Valued Member

I hit the button and "a condition exists which prevents the processing of you request " Smiley Sad I requested 20k

Starting Score: EQmyFico 669
Current Score: EQ674 WallyTU 680 NFCU TU 670 came with the card I was approved for
Goal Score: 700

In garden until April 2014

Message 454 of 5,746
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@scoobieky wrote:
I hit the button and "a condition exists which prevents the processing of you request " Smiley Sad I requested 20k

Try it again. I believe it's a system glitch. It happens to me quite often. Good luck! Smiley Wink

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 455 of 5,746
scoobieky
Valued Member

Tried it twice I guess third time is the charm? Lol

Current Score: EQ674 WallyTU 680 NFCU TU 670 came with the card I was approved for

Message 456 of 5,746
scoobieky
Valued Member

Well shucks 3-5 day msg no counter no nothing...I'm a little bummed about that

Message 457 of 5,746
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@scoobieky wrote:
Well shucks 3-5 day msg no counter no nothing...I'm a little bummed about that

Well you can wait and see it they approve the requested credit limit increase (or counter) or you can call them right now to withdraw your request, so you don't get a HP. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 458 of 5,746
scoobieky
Valued Member

Think I'll wait and see then enter the garden for a while....

Message 459 of 5,746
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

I also got the "condition exists" message...possibly due to an old fraud alert..but I dunno...I didn't want to chance it again, so i sent a secured message to ask if they received my request for CLI on the card or not?  Hoping maybe that will get around a HP?! LOL...at the same time I just opened this cashrewards visa 7/5/13 so it's not even 30 days old...charged it almost to max and payed off in full today...will be my regular monthly cycle with this card...hoping it will help by Decmember to get me to 10-15K at least...that would be amazing...hubby wants to app for a card, but has too many recent collections, we may do a joint att with me but waiting to see if I get a CLI first on this card....good luck all, loving NFCU...=)

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 460 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.