Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
lmrites
New Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Keep in mind, I already owe $14K on my $16K limit MC and as you know, yesterday just got my $6,500K Visa upped to $12,000.  Owing $3K on that (I have a lot of debt, and I've used Navy's BT offers a lot.)

GULP.... Cannot believe... had to print screen and check and re-check my account pages...

Both approved for $18,000.

YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT - sorry for screaming.  I asked for $25K and felt like I was jumping off a high-dive or something and just pressed the button anyway.  On both!  First going back to the Visa because I had success with that yesterday.  Then moving on to the MC, thinking for sure that they'd say "just wait a minute there hot fingers, cool your jets" etc., but....

Instant counter to $18K on both.  In shock!  Of course I hit "accept" without hesitating except the print the screen for one of them.  THANKS, guys... I am very responsible with credit, yet I owe a lot and pay a lot, and I really needed a boost in my credit.  Wow... still in shock...

Chester,

If you don't mind me asking, what's your income??

Starting Score: 594
Current Score: 627 EX 680 TU 672 EQ
Goal Score: 650...now 700!
Message 481 of 5,746
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Hey guys,

Just as a heads up, I requested a CLI on my Plat MC from $5k to $7.5k, which was instantly approved (woot)!  After reading through this thread, I went ahead and asked for the full $25k, wondering if they would counteroffer for more.  Well, I got the the "further review is needed" message.  Looks like I just turned a SP 50% CLI into a HP!  Oh well.  To those interested, my annual income is $12k (I obviously wasn't expecting to move much past $7500, haha).

I'm hoping Navy doesn't turn around and say "oh crap, we didn't mean to give you that $7.5k, no CLI for you!"

FICO Scores 800+
Message 482 of 5,746
whitehat2
Established Member

So, I thought I'd share my experience with the credit line increase.

I have two NFCU Visa cards and these were the limits prior to the CLI requests:

Platinum #1  $40,000  (1 year old)

Platinum #2  $2,000    (2 years old)

Platinum #1 was sent for review (no auto CLI).  I called immediately and cancelled the request.

Platinum #2 was auto approved to $5,000 (what I had requested as I didn't expect an auto-CLI.  I then submitted another request for $15,000 and I was auto approved again.  After that, I read this post and submitted a final request for $25,000 and I was countered for $22,000 !!

I decided to request a CLI increase on my mother's account.  She originally had a limit of $12,000.  I submitted one request for $25,000 and she was countered for $22,000 as well.

Hope this info helps others.

Message 483 of 5,746
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

Looks like when you asked for 25Kand you are eligible for increase Navy will counter with 22K 

I have 3 cards 

today i decided to hit CLI on my Nrewards currently at 20K I asked for 24K and was countered 22K

noe all my cards are at 22K

Nreawrds 22K

Cash rewards 22K

Flagship 22K

I wonder if i can another increase without HP

Message 484 of 5,746
slowlyclimbing
Established Member

so looking for  opinions....i was reading all the pages and really wanted to try for cli.  i was a nervous nelly and online asked for 10k with my limit being 5k.  i went ahead and did the cli request and got the 3-5 day message.  they approved me within 2 hours but it did result in a hard pull.  now as i am reading back through here i see i probably should have asked for more.  do you think it i request another cli that it will just give me what i'm qualified for without another hard pull?  i would like to have whatever they have approved me for, but i don't want another hard pull.....any thoughts? 

Message 485 of 5,746
Omuneek2
Established Member

I would suggest that you wait at least 30-60 days before requesting another CLI. I believe that you are approaching the pre-determined magic number when you get the 3-5 day message. I went from 5k to 15k in one night with instant approvals. From what I've read over the past year, it seems as though the 3-5 day message indicates that you're approaching their limit. Just my 2 cents.

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 486 of 5,746
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

From what I have read, if it is your first time asking it will always be a hard pull. All others will be SP unless you request for more than 25k. However, I have read one user had a SP CLI they stated then they wanted more and resulted in 3-5 mssg. This was only one person out of the near 100 or so that I have read and results were just the opposite, hard for the first cli and all others are SP.  

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 487 of 5,746
Elcid89
Contributor

@CAnNY wrote:

From what I have read, if it is your first time asking it will always be a hard pull. All others will be SP unless you request for more than 25k. However, I have read one user had a SP CLI they stated then they wanted more and resulted in 3-5 mssg. This was only one person out of the near 100 or so that I have read and results were just the opposite, hard for the first cli and all others are SP.  

From experience, it works like this:

If they have already done a SP review, and the system has determined that you merit an increase, it will give you whatever you request up to that amount. If you request more than that amount (within a certain range over and above) it will counter with the max.

If you ask for an increase outside of that range, it can send you directly into review, in which case you have to call in and get it canceled before some underwriter does a HP.

Best advice, from experience, is to ask for a 125% increase. That'll usually get you countered with their max available.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 488 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

49 pages later and the reports are changing of how we know by history this works:
1. If you are up for sp or if you already had a HP requests, future requests under $25k should get you counter max.
2. If you are requesting under $25k and you had a sp increase available it doesn't matter how much of a range, it counters.
3. You took HP and they gave what you asked for, this does not indicate you are anywhere close the internal limit.

I suggest you cli to $25k, system should counter since you just took HP, if you get 3-5 call and cancel or let it ride... Only been a day or whatever, should be same HP but sometimes they still HP.
Message 489 of 5,746
TATATA
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
49 pages later and the reports are changing of how we know by history this works:
1. If you are up for sp or if you already had a HP requests, future requests under $25k should get you counter max.
2. If you are requesting under $25k and you had a sp increase available it doesn't matter how much of a range, it counters.
3. You took HP and they gave what you asked for, this does not indicate you are anywhere close the internal limit.

I suggest you cli to $25k, system should counter since you just took HP, if you get 3-5 call and cancel or let it ride... Only been a day or whatever, should be same HP but sometimes they still HP.

Creditaddict....you are a TRUE credit addict! You are one of the best!! Thank you for this information. Smiley Happy

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 490 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.