Contributor
jgodfrey82

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Congrats!
Valued Contributor
pizza1

Scupra..... What's funny is that since I have read this thread hundreds of times and obsessed over it, I go in to my cc acct, press the "increase my credit limit", fill all the info on the FIRST screen, press enter, and then it pops over to the SECOND "review and confirm" screen. I always press cancel, lmao!!!! Because awhile back, it was documented that I you were to continue past the second screen, it would more than likely result in a 3-5 message. So, I always cancel, because I always get the"second screen". Come April.... If I still get the second screen, that's when I'll pull the trigger and press submit and see what happens, lol!!!!

Congrats again!!! Keep us posted !!!!!:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:. Happy dance for you!
(BK7 d/c:08/19/13~FICO-400's)---> EQ 664,EX 650,TU 657
3 major cc/ 8 retail cc= $43,300 avail credit; plus a $15k LOC
Total revolving credit reporting is 1%
Contributor
Sitori

I've had my NFCU account since June. Can someone tell me how long to wait until I should request and increase on my cash rewards card?

Also, do you know how much the usage/balance affects the decision? I was planning on paying it down but haven't been able to. It's up around 75%.

Do they take that into account when asking for an increase? I've made all payments on time.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Valued Contributor
Scupra

Sitori wrote:
I've had my NFCU account since June. Can someone tell me how long to wait until I should request and increase on my cash rewards card?

Also, do you know how much the usage/balance affects the decision? I was planning on paying it down but haven't been able to. It's up around 75%.

Do they take that into account when asking for an increase? I've made all payments on time.

Thanks

As always YMMV but, usually wait 90 days and from past stories utilization doesnt seem to matter. If you were planning on paying it down I would and then ask. Can't hurt to have a lower util.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
687 EQ FICO 12/2014
680 TU FICO 12/2014
673 EX FICO 12/2014
$14k NFCU Platinum - $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig - $15k NavChek - $6k Barclay Arrival WEMC - $5k Cap1 Quicksilver - $2.2k Amazon Store - $10k Cap1 VentureOne
Contributor
Sitori

I was thinking about waiting until Dec. which would be around 6 months. Is it usually an immediate decision without a HP?

My thing with paying it down was this...I'm not sure what's better for credit score...paying OFF one card, or paying down a few. I know having a zero balance reporting is better than having all cards reporting balances, so I am trying to figure out whether or not to pay down my NFCU card or just completely pay off another one. My CL on my other cards are no where near the NFCU card so it would be much easier to pay off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Valued Contributor
madmann26

Sitori wrote:
I was thinking about waiting until Dec. which would be around 6 months. Is it usually an immediate decision without a HP?

My thing with paying it down was this...I'm not sure what's better for credit score...paying OFF one card, or paying down a few. I know having a zero balance reporting is better than having all cards reporting balances, so I am trying to figure out whether or not to pay down my NFCU card or just completely pay off another one. My CL on my other cards are no where near the NFCU card so it would be much easier to pay off.

Pay off the other cards and leave a small balance on the NFCU card.

Starting Score: EQ 511 TU 552 EX 545 8/29/2012
Current Score: TU 712|EQ 690|EXP 723 (FICO)
What's in my wallet? Cap1 PLAT AU $4.25k; Cap1 QS AU $2k; NFCU Siggy $45k; $5k WalMart MC; CFNA Firestone $1.8k; Amazon $3k; NFCU Cash Rewards $22K; AMEX BCE $21k; NavCheck $15k; Lowe's $10k; Citi DP $6.3k; AMEX ED $8.5k; Chase Freedom $4.5k
Goal Score: 700 across the board.
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Journey
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

you always get a review information screen... that doesn't mean it's going to be HP.

What is your limit? if you are at 75% and your limit is just $1500 I would say go ahead and request but if your limit is $10k and you are at 75% maybe get it down a bit... big difference.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
pizza1

Hey Creditaddict! Nice to see you back posting in your own thread! Lmao!!! Good to see you:smileyhappy:

For all you peeps who have gotten CLI on you navy cards.... How long did it take to reflect on the CB? Was it reflected when the next statement cut with your new CL?? Just curious how fast the new CL reports:smileyhappy: I can't wait for the next round of CLI on this thread:smileyhappy:
(BK7 d/c:08/19/13~FICO-400's)---> EQ 664,EX 650,TU 657
3 major cc/ 8 retail cc= $43,300 avail credit; plus a $15k LOC
Total revolving credit reporting is 1%
Peden801

Ok hi everyone,

im new here sorda, but i have been reading through these forums trying to rebuild my credit and this information is awesome!!!! Im currently with navy fed and i applied for my nRewards a month a go with a 7k limit. Now i was of course gonna be curious and press the luv button of CLI and its a no go :smileysad: sad days but of course i would expect that with only being the card holder for a month. Im trying to rebuild my credit right now and need to balance out my UTIL but i keep getting denied for everything :smileysad: does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this.....

Starting Score: TU 622|EQ 596|EXP 571(FICO)
Current Score: TU 617|EQ 587|EXP 604(FICO)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Wallet- NFCU Flagship 7k | Fingerhut $600 | Capone secured $300 | Credit One $300 | First Premier $300 | NavChk $2000 | Nav Auto Loan $30000
Contributor
Sitori

Ok how will I know when it's going to be a HP or not? When it's not an instant answer?

And yes my CL Is on the higher side so I definitely need to get my balance down, I just wasn't sure how much effect that had on the CLI decision if and when I press the luv button

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}