Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

@rootpooty wrote:

You know its true out of all the happy NFCU members there is always that 1% croud that they dont like and I must be one of them.

So I requested my 3K cash rewards card go to 10K and requested a 5K navcheck.  Navcheck was instant and cash rewards CLI was 3-5 day message which was denied the next day.

@A little backround in case you dont feel like scolling through the pages of previous posts,  been a member for 3 years, had secured nrewards for one year, then closed it and opened plat visa.  Have had plat visa open for 18 mos and cash rewards for one year now.  Denial @ 6 mos on cli for cash rewards and again now.

No baddies NONE.  Have roughly 1800 balance on plat visa and all other accounts in my sig were at zero balance.  This was the 3rd time this year I maxed the card out and PIF.  Income 56K

Did you just apply for NavCheck? I would send secure message asking them to increase that to $15k.

but $3k and $5k on credit card and they won't give you more? What's your score? how old are you (If you don't mind me asking)

Message 811 of 5,746
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

You know its true out of all the happy NFCU members there is always that 1% croud that they dont like and I must be one of them.

So I requested my 3K cash rewards card go to 10K and requested a 5K navcheck.  Navcheck was instant and cash rewards CLI was 3-5 day message which was denied the next day.

@A little backround in case you dont feel like scolling through the pages of previous posts,  been a member for 3 years, had secured nrewards for one year, then closed it and opened plat visa.  Have had plat visa open for 18 mos and cash rewards for one year now.  Denial @ 6 mos on cli for cash rewards and again now.

No baddies NONE.  Have roughly 1800 balance on plat visa and all other accounts in my sig were at zero balance.  This was the 3rd time this year I maxed the card out and PIF.  Income 56K

Did you just apply for NavCheck? I would send secure message asking them to increase that to $15k.

but $3k and $5k on credit card and they won't give you more? What's your score? how old are you (If you don't mind me asking)

Oh no I am done asking NFCU for anything for about a year.  With me applying for navcheck, requesting a cli, then asking for a recon the next day cost 3hps and I dont need any more on equifax.  I dont know my current EQ score it was 705 back in June when I got approved for my auto loan with them.  So with the inquiry from that and the new tradeline I would expect 680.  I'm 30 years old and have been at place of employment for 4 years

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 812 of 5,746
swpopham
Established Contributor

It tried going from 22k to 25k and it said 3-5 damn! So much for automatic it's been like 9 months since last time
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 813 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Mmmm, what other variables are in place... Like current balance, etc... You might be at their internal limit now, and the request automatically sent it for review. Keep us posted !
Message 814 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Any new CLI??? I'm anxious to hear more stories! I need entertained while gardening till April!! I think navy last softed a bunch of people end of October, so I'm thinking next round is probably around February sometime??? Everyone keep posting!Smiley Happy
Message 815 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Lol pizza.

Go find out and let us know.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 816 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Madmann.... I can't!! I just got my card October 12th, and lucky for me I didn't have to do the secured route! They already denied me end if October for a car refi, navcheck, and a Cli on my nrewards to $1k. I think that told me something .... Need to be patient and garden! My bl was final August 19th... So, I'm waiting till my 6th statements cuts (April 10th) before I ask for a cli.

I sure hope I get it! I've put at least $1k thru it now! Whatever I buy, I pif next morning! Smiley Happy I don't care about navcheck right now, but I do want my card to $5k, and a car refi in april or may. Patience is not my strong point , but the bk is forcing me lolSmiley Happy

Madman... When are you up for or due for a cli on your card?
Message 817 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Pizza,

I'll try for my max of 25k at the end of Dec.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 818 of 5,746
swpopham
Established Contributor

They approved after a hard pI'll on experian.....damn should have locked it down

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 819 of 5,746
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I tried for a CLI 2 days ago and got the 3-5 message. Definite, HP. I sent a secure message and was told my request was denied. I should receive a letter in 7-9 days. I have no idea why my request was denied. However, after following CreditAddicts advice, I app'd for the LOC. Approved for 15K!!!!!!!! I'll try for a CLI at a later date. I'm just waiting for the loan doc/promissory note to sign anyday now.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 820 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.