cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
ddrobinson98

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Was just accepted into the NFCU family, Super excited! I have a questin tho. I havent applied for CC yet even tho I was preapproved for the CashRewards. I want to get a Autoloan from NFCU also. Which one should I applied for first Autoloan or CC?

Message 1521 of 5,746
baller4life
Super Contributor

Doesn't matter.
Message 1522 of 5,746
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

@kauaiboy2k13 wrote:

@Genkeim wrote:

Been on a roll lately. $3k NavCheck, 0% new car loan, Amex BCE $2k, Chase Freedom $1k. So tried my luck with my NCFU nRewards card. I had a $500 limit. Figured I'd go big and request a $5000 limit. BAM instant approval. Since it wasn't a counter offer I figured there was more they'd give me. So went back and asked for $10k. BAM counter offer for $8.5k. Accepted! $8k CL increase.... amazing.... just amazing.... Kicking myself for not asking for more on the NavCheck haha oh well best to not be greedy,  need to leave some room on the other cards to grow!

Was the 2 CLI requests in the same day as the $500 original approval?

Sorry for the late reply, just getting back to this thread... No the original approval was in Aug '13 and the 2 CLI's was Feb '14. After this I asked for the nRewards to be changed to a Visa Signature cashRewards card. Which they did no problem! 

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 1523 of 5,746
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

@Mish0817 wrote:

how does nfcu look at utilization for cli?

I'd like to know this as well I have some balance around 4,200 out of the 5k limit but I've paid it down and used it again a few times I'm getting ready to pay it down again but I wonder if it matters I've never been late on them really I just want a CLI to bring my UTIL down as I think 5k is about all I really would care to use on a regular basis anyway.

Message 1524 of 5,746
H4LO
Established Contributor

Recieved my denial letter today.

Excessive Credit Obligations. 

EQ - 716

Which is strange seeing as I have about 1% utility on my cards.

If they're counting my auto loan. Of course that goes up a bit. 

Oh well. 

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 1525 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

That doesn't make much sense.

You can request a free credit report with the denial letter they furnished you.

Might be worth look to see what they see.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1526 of 5,746
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@H4LO wrote:

EQ - 716

Oh well. 

Were your balances actually updated on your CR to reflect the 1% util?  I'm wondering if you maybe had high util and paid it down and all of your accounts just hadn't updated yet.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 1527 of 5,746
H4LO
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@H4LO wrote:

EQ - 716

Oh well. 

Were your balances actually updated on your CR to reflect the 1% util?  I'm wondering if you maybe had high util and paid it down and all of your accounts just hadn't updated yet.

My accounts were paid down. I have two accounts that I'm using the 0% period. 

I have 1.6% Util between my cards. So less than $1k out of $60k

Interesting.

My CR's are spotless.

Though one of my student loans just updated on EQ at the time NFCU pulled. But that's very miniscle. $900

Total CL - 60K // Util. ~1.6%

772 TU - 6/5 ///// 705 EX - 5/5 ///// 664 EQ - 4/29
Message 1528 of 5,746
devastatah
New Contributor

OK so I was slightly chicken I have a 14,000 limit on my Visa Sig Cash Rewards

I got the first screen... http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/MaStA_XS/Untitled.jpg

I only requested 20,000 and it was an instant approval

Went back in and requested from 6K to 15K on Platnium Mastercard ... Instant as well... I love this board....lol

AmEx Platinum NPSL, AmEx Gold Delta 22K, AmEx Everyday 10K, Penfed Defender AmEx 5K, BankAmericard MC 14k, BoA Travel Rewards 18k, Penfed Thrifty Credit Service 500.00 Blispay Visa 7.5k,
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa - 22K, NFCU Plat MC - 22K
Penfed Gold Visa 19K, Lowes 35K, NFCU Visa 14K, NFCU MC 13K, NFCU NavChek LOC - 15K
Discover It 19K, WalMart 20K, Bank of Amer MC 10K, Citi Simplicity $8,800, BarclayCard Rewards MC 11K, AAFES Mil Star 8.1K, Citi Dia Pref Visa $9.7K, USAA Rate Adv MC 7K, , Chase Freedom 3.5K, Chase Amazon Visa 1.6k

724 Discover FICO Nov 14, 735 WalMart FICO Nov 14, Equifax Advantage Pull 740 Sept 2016
Message 1529 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@devastatah wrote:

OK so I was slightly chicken I have a 14,000 limit on my Visa Sig Cash Rewards

I got the first screen... http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k236/MaStA_XS/Untitled.jpg

I only requested 20,000 and it was an instant approval

Went back in and requested from 6K to 15K on Platnium Mastercard ... Instant as well... I love this board....lol

great increases but you left some on the table!!!

Message 1530 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.