Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
kstmommy
New Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Oh geeze, thank you! All this time I thought there was a trick to see if a SP was available. So, I guess if you get the 3-5 day message, you just call and cancel it.

Message 1541 of 5,746
bfranklin825
Valued Member

Ok, so I got the Flagship Rewards and was given a 25k starting limit. Does that mean I have room to CLI higher or did they just give me all they're going to give me? I didn't ask for any specific limit and have only had it for about a month - so I'm not looking to CLI right now, just curious if I can CLI in the future. I've heard of 80k limits out there and would love to have that much - just for bragging. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1542 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@bfranklin825 wrote:

Ok, so I got the Flagship Rewards and was given a 25k starting limit. Does that mean I have room to CLI higher or did they just give me all they're going to give me? I didn't ask for any specific limit and have only had it for about a month - so I'm not looking to CLI right now, just curious if I can CLI in the future. I've heard of 80k limits out there and would love to have that much - just for bragging. Smiley Happy

You can go higher, though, it may be another HP.

Flagship as a max limit of 80k I believe.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1543 of 5,746
bfranklin825
Valued Member

@madmann26 wrote:

@bfranklin825 wrote:

HP no matter how long I wait - or HP right now?

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1544 of 5,746
madmann26
Valued Contributor

You took a HP to get the Flagship. You got 25k.

Anything above 25k, you will take another HP for, no matter what. If you request 35k tomorrow, chances are you will get another HP from NFCU.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1545 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bfranklin825 wrote:

@madmann26 wrote:

@bfranklin825 wrote:

HP no matter how long I wait - or HP right now?

Navy 99% manual reviews all requests over $25k... If you just got the card and you have a high income and would like to provide that to them you could probably put in a request not and "possibly" not get another HP but get increased to the current max they are comfortable with as the computer will not approve above $25k instantly.

*If you do decide to request an increase now I would request it to at least $50k if not the full $80k and see what they come back at.

Message 1546 of 5,746
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Ok I initially got the denial letter for the nRewards VISA card due to a public record on my CR (Sales Tax lien from business).  I sent them a letter explaining what it was along woth the copy of the payment plan - today I check my account and see they have approved me for the nREWARDS VISA with a $5k limit (13.99%)!!! So Pysched!!  Should I request a CLI or wait? Thoughts?

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1547 of 5,746
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

Ok I initially got the denial letter for the nRewards VISA card due to a public record on my CR (Sales Tax lien from business).  I sent them a letter explaining what it was along woth the copy of the payment plan - today I check my account and see they have approved me for the nREWARDS VISA with a $5k limit (13.99%)!!! So Pysched!!  Should I request a CLI or wait? Thoughts?

Congrats! I believe all CLI requests will be a SP up to $25K

Message 1548 of 5,746
NYFan63
Established Contributor

So it sounds like I ask for the $25k and see what they counter....???

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1549 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

I suggest first request AFTER your 3rd statement and at least 3 payments.

and yes you would request $25k and hope for instant counter which would mean sp, if you get 3-5 you can let it ride and they will do HP and counter the highest they can or you can sometimes call in and cancel the request but that seems to be mix as of lately rather you can cancel the request and not get the hp... I always let it ride!

Message 1550 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.