Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
danmfe
Established Member

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Not sure what to think...

I opened Flagship card in October 2013 was approved $5K and I sent secure message (posted earlier in this thread) and was given $17.5 without a HP.  Asked for my first CLI online in April of this year (little over 6 month mark). Received 3-5 day message and was given $1.5K increase to $19K.  

Last night and today...read nearly 80 pages in this thread again and figured I'd try the online request again since it should be SP going forward.  Well asked for $25K and got the 3-5 day message.  Smiley Sad

Guess I'll have to wait it out and see what happens.  Hate the thought of another HP and denial or even $1K.  Rather have applied for new card. 

Message 2081 of 5,746
nitrov
Established Contributor

How long does it normally take for them to consider income verification? The SM I got said 7-10 business days and so far it's been 3 and I've heard nothing. They normally aren't that slow in my experience. Is that normal?
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 2082 of 5,746
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

Yeah it is recommended only to request a CLI after three months since last time if you got to the internal max. The recommended best strategy is always ask for 25k and only do it every three months. The value in two cards is you can do it on both accounts.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 2083 of 5,746
danmfe
Established Member

Well I sort of needed a bit of an ego boost while waiting on NFCU's decision.  Just joined USAA last week and decided why not...GLAD I DID!!!Smiley Very Happy

Wondering if I should pull the trigger on the USAA Amex card too.  I've seen lots of success posted on double apps same day with USAA.  Hmmmmm.....

Let's hope NFCU makes my day even more awesome! 

You've been approved for a USAA Rewards World MasterCard® Please review your summary and find out what happens next.

Summary

Print | Sep. 11, 2014

Approved Credit Limit$6,000.00
Current APRs

Introductory APR
0.00% on transactions described in the pricing schedule

Purchase APR
15.90% (Prime+12.65%)

Cash Advance and Balance Transfer APR
15.90% (Prime+12.65%)

Shipping MethodRegular Mail + $0.00

Allow 7 to 10 business days for delivery.

Message 2084 of 5,746
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

NFCU loves me and upped my CashRewards back to 12.5k after I moved some of the line over to GoRewards over to make it an even 5k....total line is 17.5k

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2085 of 5,746
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Need some suggestions.

I have two cards. A few days ago I requested one from $1,000 to $15,000. Instant, SP, no counter needed.

I then asked for $25,000 on my primary one that was at $15,000. Approved. Instant, SP, no counter needed.

So is it really wise to go back and ask for more on the first? I mean if it's there I guess I want it, but this is already an obscene amount of credit from Navy so I don't want to push my luck.

If I request $25,000 on the first, does going that high ($50,000 combined over two cards) hit any other sort of auto limit where I'm apt to trigger income verification, Hard pulls, etc?
Message 2086 of 5,746
baller4life
Super Contributor

You left more on the table with the first card. Which is why there was no counter. Go back and get your $25k. Especially since you got it on 2nd. They match limits on their cards. Smiley Wink
Message 2087 of 5,746
baller4life
Super Contributor

Anything over $25k is hp and triggers poi.
Message 2088 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like $25k is what is available to you on both cards, go back and ask!!
Message 2089 of 5,746
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

Ok. Done. $25,000 each. Now I feel like I got away with something.....
Message 2090 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.