Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

Hello, I tried to apply for a CLI for nRewards and I got an error message that a condition exists blah blah and to call the office. Is that because it is midnight? Should I try again later on? Would the housing question cause the error? I put that I was not in charge of housing and housing was $0.00. Currently living at home.  I currently have a $500 credit limit and I have just reached 90 days on Jan 15th.My balance right now is around $80, when the statement cut I had a balance of $150ish because it took a while for my payment to process.Still trying to figure out when it reports. Should I pay it off then try applying again? I was going to wait until next week but I can pay it now if I have to. I don't have a minimum payment because I pay it as soon a I use it. I tried it with both firefox and chrome. I also have a few more questions, do they ask for proof of income for a CLI if they didn't ask for it when I applied for the card? I'm still working at the same place but don't remember what name I put down when I applied the company name and the LLC are different, will that affect it? I also do not have a work phone number because it is an online business their customer support is reached by email. Will using my supervisors cell phone number suffice? Thanks for the help.

Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 2651 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Condition exists is an Internet issue... Open another Internet browser and try again.
$25k
Message 2652 of 5,746
ordnance1987
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I tried but Firefox and Chrome on my computer and got the same error message. So I hopped(sp?) on a different one and used Safari and it worked instant CLI for $5,500. Which I don't think it's bad for my low income. Thanks for the help, since I'm on here. I applied for the checking line of credit after I got approved for the nRewards and got denied. Should I wait until it has been six months to reapply?

Chapter 7 Discharged Aug 2014
Starting Score: EQ 587, TU 567, EX 612
Current Score: EQ 643, TU 627, EX 657
Message 2653 of 5,746
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

Hi all! Hi CA!

I am back with a NFCU status update. I am on a super super MISSION to get my first (and awesome) CLI from NFCU. Quick recap--last time I posted I was maxed out almost all the way on my Nav LOC and CC. (Both over 1 yr old now-- never requested CLI. Im at 15k CL with the LOC and 5k CL with my Platinum CC)

Now, I am at 20% UTIL on my CC and 40% on my Nav LOC. I payed them down really quick to up my chances. But then, I read about the NFCU AU and I realized they DID AU review my EQ on 12/31/2014. My NFCU and other accounts were very high util then. I have seen that NFCU will do another AU in March, but I can't wait until then because I really NEED and want to use the NFCU balance transfer offer.

SO, I am back for some new advice. What should I do???? I was thinking I need to at least wait until my credit reports update my new balances, which should be by the 31st. What do you think? Do I have a good or bad chance given my 80-90 util status in December??

Thanks in advance!!

2/26/15: TU Fico (BarclayCard)- 721
2/18/15: EQ (CK)- 668
2/26/15: EX (EX.com)- 706

Message 2654 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ladyMJ wrote:

Hi all! Hi CA!

I am back with a NFCU status update. I am on a super super MISSION to get my first (and awesome) CLI from NFCU. Quick recap--last time I posted I was maxed out almost all the way on my Nav LOC and CC. (Both over 1 yr old now-- never requested CLI. Im at 15k CL with the LOC and 5k CL with my Platinum CC)

Now, I am at 20% UTIL on my CC and 40% on my Nav LOC. I payed them down really quick to up my chances. But then, I read about the NFCU AU and I realized they DID AU review my EQ on 12/31/2014. My NFCU and other accounts were very high util then. I have seen that NFCU will do another AU in March, but I can't wait until then because I really NEED and want to use the NFCU balance transfer offer.

SO, I am back for some new advice. What should I do???? I was thinking I need to at least wait until my credit reports update my new balances, which should be by the 31st. What do you think? Do I have a good or bad chance given my 80-90 util status in December??

Thanks in advance!!

Well since you need the BT I would give it a try as soon as the reports update and if not just go back in another 60 days after the next AR and try again.

Message 2655 of 5,746
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Navy has really tightened up recently, tried recently to get my GR card up to match the CR card and no dice....

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2656 of 5,746
kshew97
Valued Member

CLI Love

I got the Flagship Signature for 25K around 2 years ago and NavCheck at 15K at the same time. In September of last year I applied for nRewards and was offered 2K, recon with no success, but accepted so I could buy a new laptop. I paid it off within 2 billing cycles, and on the third cycle I got an auto CLI to 3K with only a SP. I decided to try the online CLI request, using the tips found elsewhere on here. Filled in my info, requested 25K, and POOF, instant approval for the full amount. That was 7 days ago, and still no new SP or HP showing up.

I heave heard they are tightning their belts a little, but I am proof they are still willing to give the love too!

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2657 of 5,746
BlueRenew
Contributor

I will be requesting for a CLI soon.

The last one got me to 7500 from a SL of 1500.

I only request 10k last time.

I'll make sure to go for the whole 25k this time.

My 7 Cards

NFCU CashRewards: $7,500 I Discover It: $4,000 I Sallie Mae: $2800 I Amazon Chase Visa: $1000 I Amazon Store Card: $900 I Cap1 Quicksilver1: $750 I Macys Store Card: $600
Message 2658 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my gorewards with $500 limit in November and they said that was all they were willing to approve due to my recent bk in July. I am thankful they approved me and am just waiting for the sp on my cr to attempt the cli. Also got $2k on a cloc at that time. Can't wait
Message 2659 of 5,746
KatieKatie
Regular Contributor

I have an interesting situation that I'll post in case it helps someone else and because I haven't seen this happen before.  I applied for a CLI on my Signature Cash Rewards card maybe 10 days ago.  The limit at the time was $20k and I requested $30k.  I received a response indicating that I would receive a letter in 7-10 days (not 3-5 day update).  I assumed I would still receive the standard text message, but I never did.  Late the following day, I tried to check the status of the application online and it did not appear.  I then called customer service and they told me my request was denied and I would receive a letter in the mail describing the reasons.  I did receive the letter and frankly I was so annoyed that I tore it up and immediately trashed it.  I am going crazy trying to remember the reason now, because it was not one of the boiler plate reasons and it seemed a bit odd.  I also thought it was odd that a hard pull showed up on Equifax AND Transunion.  Fast forward to yesterday when I logged in and clicked on the cash rewards card to review activity before paying my bill and my credit limit now reflects $35k!  Didn't receive any type of message about this in my inbox or anything.  I'm curious to know how long it's been out there!  I'm not sure what the lesson to be learned here about NFCU is, but it definitely seems like an odd situation to me.

Message 2660 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.