Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

@KatieKatie wrote:

I have an interesting situation that I'll post in case it helps someone else and because I haven't seen this happen before.  I applied for a CLI on my Signature Cash Rewards card maybe 10 days ago.  The limit at the time was $20k and I requested $30k.  I received a response indicating that I would receive a letter in 7-10 days (not 3-5 day update).  I assumed I would still receive the standard text message, but I never did.  Late the following day, I tried to check the status of the application online and it did not appear.  I then called customer service and they told me my request was denied and I would receive a letter in the mail describing the reasons.  I did receive the letter and frankly I was so annoyed that I tore it up and immediately trashed it.  I am going crazy trying to remember the reason now, because it was not one of the boiler plate reasons and it seemed a bit odd.  I also thought it was odd that a hard pull showed up on Equifax AND Transunion.  Fast forward to yesterday when I logged in and clicked on the cash rewards card to review activity before paying my bill and my credit limit now reflects $35k!  Didn't receive any type of message about this in my inbox or anything.  I'm curious to know how long it's been out there!  I'm not sure what the lesson to be learned here about NFCU is, but it definitely seems like an odd situation to me.

Wow.  That is very strange.  Congrats on the new CL.  Still sucks they pulled 2 HPs but they are HP happy.

Message 2661 of 5,746
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@ladyMJ wrote:

Hi all! Hi CA!

I am back with a NFCU status update. I am on a super super MISSION to get my first (and awesome) CLI from NFCU. Quick recap--last time I posted I was maxed out almost all the way on my Nav LOC and CC. (Both over 1 yr old now-- never requested CLI. Im at 15k CL with the LOC and 5k CL with my Platinum CC)

Now, I am at 20% UTIL on my CC and 40% on my Nav LOC. I payed them down really quick to up my chances. But then, I read about the NFCU AU and I realized they DID AU review my EQ on 12/31/2014. My NFCU and other accounts were very high util then. I have seen that NFCU will do another AU in March, but I can't wait until then because I really NEED and want to use the NFCU balance transfer offer.

SO, I am back for some new advice. What should I do???? I was thinking I need to at least wait until my credit reports update my new balances, which should be by the 31st. What do you think? Do I have a good or bad chance given my 80-90 util status in December??

Thanks in advance!!

Balance Transfer should run until 02/28/15 if I recall correctly.  I woud double check with NFCU first to make sure that the promotion will continue to this date.  It might be good, to perhaps wait until the last week in Feb which would push you closer to March which might further increase your chances of CLI approval.  If you don't wait and apply now for the CLI report back your results to further help others that might benefit from your experience.  Good luck.

Congrats to everyone else that have continued to have success with NFCU.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 2662 of 5,746
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

@Zorasmiles wrote:

@ladyMJ wrote:

Hi all! Hi CA!

I am back with a NFCU status update. I am on a super super MISSION to get my first (and awesome) CLI from NFCU. Quick recap--last time I posted I was maxed out almost all the way on my Nav LOC and CC. (Both over 1 yr old now-- never requested CLI. Im at 15k CL with the LOC and 5k CL with my Platinum CC)

Now, I am at 20% UTIL on my CC and 40% on my Nav LOC. I payed them down really quick to up my chances. But then, I read about the NFCU AU and I realized they DID AU review my EQ on 12/31/2014. My NFCU and other accounts were very high util then. I have seen that NFCU will do another AU in March, but I can't wait until then because I really NEED and want to use the NFCU balance transfer offer.

SO, I am back for some new advice. What should I do???? I was thinking I need to at least wait until my credit reports update my new balances, which should be by the 31st. What do you think? Do I have a good or bad chance given my 80-90 util status in December??

Thanks in advance!!

Balance Transfer should run until 02/28/15 if I recall correctly.  I woud double check with NFCU first to make sure that the promotion will continue to this date.  It might be good, to perhaps wait until the last week in Feb which would push you closer to March which might further increase your chances of CLI approval.  If you don't wait and apply now for the CLI report back your results to further help others that might benefit from your experience.  Good luck.

@Anonymous @Zorasmiles

Yes, I had spoken with NFCU and was told the BT offer runs through the end of the month. I have been going back and forth between waiting to apply now for CLI after my balance statement closes out on a low Util again (for Navy only) on the 3rd-- or just waiting until even later in the month. I am leaning towards trying on the 4th--and will keep everyone posted of course. Thanks for your input!

2/26/15: TU Fico (BarclayCard)- 721
2/18/15: EQ (CK)- 668
2/26/15: EX (EX.com)- 706

Message 2663 of 5,746
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

@ladyMJ wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

@ladyMJ wrote:

Hi all! Hi CA!

Thanks in advance!!

@Anonymous @Zorasmiles

Yes, I had spoken with NFCU and was told the BT offer runs through the end of the month. I have been going back and forth between waiting to apply now for CLI after my balance statement closes out on a low Util again (for Navy only) on the 3rd-- or just waiting until even later in the month. I am leaning towards trying on the 4th--and will keep everyone posted of course. Thanks for your input!

Hi all--

SO..... I bit the bullet and got the following message--->

"Your credit limit increase request for $25,000.00 has been submitted for further review. A decision will be made in approximately 3-5 business days. A letter will be mailed advising you of the credit decision."  Smiley Embarassed Smiley Mad

Should I email them or call them letting them know I want to take advantage of the BT offer??

EEEEEKKKKK

Message 2664 of 5,746
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Sorry for the late response but I would probably call and speak with a representative.  Knowing that they are going to do perhaps a hard pull I'd try leveraging the approval in my favor with the call (explaining my desire to do a BT without my utilization being off the chart, perfect payment history, etc).  Messaging works as well BUT it requires patience waiting on that response LOL

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 2665 of 5,746
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

@Zorasmiles wrote:

Sorry for the late response but I would probably call and speak with a representative.  Knowing that they are going to do perhaps a hard pull I'd try leveraging the approval in my favor with the call (explaining my desire to do a BT without my utilization being off the chart, perfect payment history, etc).  Messaging works as well BUT it requires patience waiting on that response LOL

I sent a message saying just that, but I didn't mention my payment history. I received a reply stating a decision has already been made and my request has been denied and I will receive a letter via mail. This is a bummer. 

Message 2666 of 5,746
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@ladyMJ wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

I sent a message saying just that, but I didn't mention my payment history. I received a reply stating a decision has already been made and my request has been denied and I will receive a letter via mail. This is a bummer. 

I would still give a call and try again it never hurts.  If you call don't make it appear as if it's a desperation, must have and drowning in debt request for CLI.  I would reiterate what you previously stated in the email, along with your payment history.  I would also stress that it isn't often that Navy offers the BT rates (without new card opening) and this is your main reason for looking to take advantage of this offer, without tanking your overall utilization on the card.  You may have to get past the first line reps to a credit supervisor to get the denial over turned.  I can't recall if you mentioned how many cards you have with them.  If you have only the one, there might be a chance to see if they will use the same HP if you submit an application for another card.  

Message 2667 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Zorasmiles wrote:

@ladyMJ wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

I would still give a call and try again it never hurts.  If you call don't make it appear as if it's a desperation, must have and drowning in debt request for CLI.  I would reiterate what you previously stated in the email, along with your payment history.  I would also stress that it isn't often that Navy offers the BT rates (without new card opening) and this is your main reason for looking to take advantage of this offer, without tanking your overall utilization on the card.  You may have to get past the first line reps to a credit supervisor to get the denial over turned.  I can't recall if you mentioned how many cards you have with them.  If you have only the one, there might be a chance to see if they will use the same HP if you submit an application for another card.  

send a private message for recon and attach 2 paystubs for best results... don't call (front line terrible!)

Message 2668 of 5,746
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

@ladyMJ wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

send a private message for recon and attach 2 paystubs for best results... don't call (front line terrible!)

Front line is truly horrible when it comes to recon LOL  CA is right if you're sure the pay stubs will support the increase... CA always states "let them decide if the income supports the credit line!"  <~~paraphrased

Message 2669 of 5,746
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

@Zorasmiles wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

@ladyMJ wrote:

@Zorasmiles wrote:

Front line is truly horrible when it comes to recon LOL  CA is right if you're sure the pay stubs will support the increase... CA always states "let them decide if the income supports the credit line!"  <~~paraphrased

Front line was really horrible. I can't believe how much so!

I ended up doing an official appeal through the messages, sent my stubs, and got the 7-10 message saying my account is under review again. This isn't looking like the Navy dream I imagined. Smiley Frustrated

Message 2670 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.