Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

PLease forive me if I am posting this question in the wrong thread. I was huose searching and my underwritter told me to open up 2 credit cards to help boost my score so I can get the loan approval. I took his suggestion and did just that, one of those cards being the nfcu rewards, the other, capital one secured card :/...... So i have a question, i just received my card in the mail and now im thinking that i dont want it because i was approved for the nav check, which reports like a credit card. So my question is, since i did not activate the capital one card, can i call and request my money back? Will this result in a closed account even though i didnt call and activate it? Am i looking at a credit score drop? The Capital one card doesnt even show on my credit report...

Message 2711 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You can call and close it and get your money back and a closed account won't negatively effect you... All damage of opening account has already been done so if it didn't hurtyou it wont
Message 2712 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what yuor saying, thank you.... If i leave it open to add another tradeline would that help me? Would i see a boost in scores? NFCU has to resend my docs for the nav check, so that account isnt open yet..

Message 2713 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Then just leave it open until after you lose on house and then close it and go on all spree
Message 2714 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im assuming you meant "close" instead of "lose"..... lol kinda scared me. I like the way you thinkSmiley Happy    "NFCU credit yoda"<    thats you!

Message 2715 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

what do i need to do?  I badly need a CLI.  I only have 2K CL.  My income and spending levels support a much higher limit.  I got this card in Dec and my 3 month statement is about to cut next week.  Do I wait for my 3rd statement or wait until April 1st?  I need it now without a HP.  Waiting is near impossible. I have a very expensie hotel stay charging me every week.  and they use up my entire CL every week until charges actuall post.  

Is this AR accurate?  Does this happen every quater?  Do I aks for CLI on my 3rd statement cut or in April? Do I ask for 20k CLI?  How much do I ask for, for a SP?

Message 2716 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, 

what do i need to do?  I badly need a CLI.  I only have 2K CL.  My income and spending levels support a much higher limit.  I got this card in Dec and my 3 month statement is about to cut next week.  Do I wait for my 3rd statement or wait until April 1st?  I need it now without a HP.  Waiting is near impossible. I have a very expensie hotel stay charging me every week.  and they use up my entire CL every week until charges actuall post.  

Is this AR accurate?  Does this happen every quater?  Do I aks for CLI on my 3rd statement cut or in April? Do I ask for 20k CLI?  How much do I ask for, for a SP?

wait until april.

Ask for $25k and it will counter if it's available.

Message 2717 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is NFCU not the best CU out there??? They refinance both car loans and didn't bat an eye. 15k credit card/15k nav check. I love them.

Just need to figure out the mortgage thing with them.
Message 2718 of 5,746
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, 

wait until april.

Ask for $25k and it will counter if it's available.

CA,

Do you suggest requesting CLI on all products (CC's,Navicheck) at the same time after the next AR run?

Thanks!

Smiley Happy

Message 2719 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

After I got my first cli on my credit cards I did cli on NavCheck and was approved but navcheck will be up even if credit card was sp
Message 2720 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.