Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

Wait until next week since we are days away from another ar
Message 2781 of 5,746
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

Hi All!  I just got a $1k CLI last week on my Platinum Visa- it was a counter offer, $7500 up to $8500.  I also have a Platinum MC that I have had for about the same amount of time, but have yet to break the seal on it- no usage yet, mainly because of the low $1k limit.  Any thoughts on if I could potentially get a CLI on this one too?  I have heard rumors that once you get a counter, you've reached your internal limit?

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 2782 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lmfields84 wrote:

Hi All!  I just got a $1k CLI last week on my Platinum Visa- it was a counter offer, $7500 up to $8500.  I also have a Platinum MC that I have had for about the same amount of time, but have yet to break the seal on it- no usage yet, mainly because of the low $1k limit.  Any thoughts on if I could potentially get a CLI on this one too?  I have heard rumors that once you get a counter, you've reached your internal limit?

more than likely you can get the same counter on the 2nd card of $8500... put in cli of $10k now on your platinum.

Message 2783 of 5,746
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

I think I got the max what they can offer me however was planning to apply for the cashreward signature visa and merge the limit with my flagship. Just applied for the Venture card so who knows if they will like that.

Message 2784 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They stopped merging and moving credit lines
Message 2785 of 5,746
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
They stopped merging and moving credit lines

Really!!!!  well that sucks, now I've to re think if I really really need another credit card from Navy

Message 2786 of 5,746
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Does the AR pull all info from your accounts or does it just do a SP from the CRA?  

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 2787 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

So credit report along with internal accounts I'm sure
Message 2788 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict, my 6th statement will cut tomorrow. Does Navy Fed always give a automatic CLI at 6 months?
Message 2789 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Creditaddict, my 6th statement will cut tomorrow. Does Navy Fed always give a automatic CLI at 6 months?

I personally have never seen an auto cli and hear about it RARELY!

I would just wait until next week after the first and do the cli to $25k yourself because you should get an AR by the 1st also.

Message 2790 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.