Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

^ the last two times I've asked they've said no more moving limits. Maybe someone else has had luck.
Message 3041 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@keithbward wrote:

Has anyone been able to move credit limits between cards as of late? I have $22k on both my cashRewards and Flagship, but use my cashRewards as one of my main cards.

Some have... it seems those who have never tried to do it before have a 50/50 chance of it being done.

Message 3042 of 5,746
cem13
Established Contributor

@dursty87 wrote:
^ the last two times I've asked they've said no more moving limits. Maybe someone else has had luck.

I called them in Mid April and told them,  "I need a Master Card because my local Sams Club does not accept Visa.  I really like my cashRewards Visa but I need a Master Card for Sams Club.  Can you take $5K off my Visa and open a M/C?  If not, I understand.  This means I will have to apply for a M/C somewhere else.

Their reply:  "Oh no sir.  We understand.  I can help you right now.  We do not want to force you to another bank.  As long as I perform a CL transfer, I can get this done right now.  If you are asking for a new M/C and keep the Visa limit the same, I will have to send it to Under Writing."   I replyed, "I want to transfer $5K of my Visa over to the new card"  With a few clicks of the keyboard (and a hard pull), I was instantly approved for $5K M/C.  I requested a CLI on the Visa to get back to $25K, they countered with $22K which I accepted.

The entire process took about 1.3 minutes.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3043 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont know why i cant log back into my other user name but yea so i called navy fed just now and i asked them if they can move 25k of my 30k limit to my new card. the guy seemed to believe that wasnt possible that he would think have to do a limit increase on my new card first then do a decrease on my old one. i told him thats not the case cus i read online somewhere that you can transfer move limits from navy fed. the guy then said ok hold on and he did some research and got back to me saying that he can make this request with the lenders and will get a answer within 48 hrs. i told him 20k is ok to transfer. told him that im going to vegas and using the cash back rewards card would be better for me on the trip.

Now if this works how soon can i request my old card limit to get back up to where it was before at 30k? i recently requested a CLI on a hp to get to 30k 4 days ago. What method should i use to request that CLI when i do pursue it and will it be a sp or hp? Thanks

Message 3044 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You could instantly request old card back to $25k, not sure I would risk to $30.
Message 3045 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

will that result in a sp? my limit authorized is 30k, its in the system already so wouldnt they just give it all back to me?

Message 3046 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would probably assume but if you want to be safe I would do just 25
Message 3047 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

great thanks for the tips Smiley Happy

Message 3048 of 5,746
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Thought Id add my 2cents on my experience on NFCU.  I just recently got in with them, and got approved the Cashrewards for 15,000.  Well my sister that had her account before me wanted me to co-app for a credit card.  I told the rep on the phone that I will only if its not an additional HP.  She ensured me thst since its less than 30 days that its not an HP, well its been almost 2weeks and no HP.  I don't know if people are aware of that.

Message 3049 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if you recently did a hp on a certain credit card or loan, and if you request more out of it within 30 days it still uses the same hp and not additionals? 

Message 3050 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.