tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought NFCU only did AR every 3 months? I had 1 on 09/01/15 and then 10/27/15 so whats up with that?

they started doing bi-monthly but is this a new card? you may have received AR right after approval on 9/1 and then the bi-monthly that the rest of us got which was 10/27.

# 1 over 1.8 years old and , #2 one is 7 months old i think

CL's?

Did you ask for CLI?!

Hey CreditaddictSince I got AR on 09/01 and asked for a CLI MAX , they came back with a counter offer (19K)  that I took around 09/25, and since I got AR again 10/27 should I again go in and ask for a CLI MAX again..

Message 3731 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought NFCU only did AR every 3 months? I had 1 on 09/01/15 and then 10/27/15 so whats up with that?

they started doing bi-monthly but is this a new card? you may have received AR right after approval on 9/1 and then the bi-monthly that the rest of us got which was 10/27.

CL's?

Did you ask for CLI?!

Hey CreditaddictSince I got AR on 09/01 and asked for a CLI MAX , they came back with a counter offer (19K)  that I took around 09/25, and since I got AR again 10/27 should I again go in and ask for a CLI MAX again..

I would wait until next round of AR.

now would be good time to consider a 2nd card though (will be hp but since you are close to max on first card)

Message 3732 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CL's?

Did you ask for CLI?!

I would wait until next round of AR.

now would be good time to consider a 2nd card though (will be hp but since you are close to max on first card)

I have 2 cards,  one is a year and half old and the other I think is 7 months old , when they wouldn't release my secured card I applied for 2nd card back in April then they released it lol.  And I CLI both at same time on that 09/01 AR

Message 3733 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU is too generous Smiley Happy Went from 22k on Go Rewards to 25k with an instant soft pull (first time asking for a CLI). I have another Go Rewards rewards account I opened about 9 months ago (2nd card before they coverted my nRewards to a Go Rewards a few weeks ago) went from 3k to 25k with a soft pull CLI.. My spiouse went from 15k to 25k also with an instant CLI on a Cash Rewards card.

Overall, they gave us $35K in instant CLIs. Scores are both around 740s and $100k income each.

Message 3734 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm new to all of this credit stuff, but I came across this thread & I've been reading through all of the pages. I'm currently on page 159 but I'm determined to read it all. In the meantime, here's my NFCU/credit story.

I believe I joined in March 2015.

I initially opened up just a checking & savings account.

A few days later, I applied for their cashRewards card & I was approved with a $500 limit. 

No previous credit history other than a victoria secret cc that I hadn't even used.

I began to wonder what my credit score was so I signed up for CreditKarma. 

According to them my TU is 700 & EQ is 715. I also found out that NavyFed already did two HPs (one when I opened a checking/savings and one a few days later when I applied for the cc)

I found this forum about a week ago & started learning about CLI & whatnot and thought I'd give it a shot. Here's how that went:

$500 to $1500 on 11/15/15 (insant approval- SP)

$1500 to $2000 on 11/16/15 (instant approval- SP)

$2000 to $5000 on 11/16/15 (instant approval - SP)

$5000 to $10000 on 11/16/15 (instant approval - SP)

$10000 to $25000 on 11/20/15 (3-5 day message. called immediately to cancel because I didn't want another HP)

From reading this thread, I can already hear CreditAddict telling me I should've applied for the full 25k the first time.....Yeah, I know. Smiley Tongue

Now I'm wondering where I should go from here...

Any advice?

My current interest rate is a ridiculous 17.99% & I'd like to get that lowered. Do I just call and ask/send a secured message or something??

Message 3735 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Apr reductions are once every 12 months or you could try to do a product change and see if the new card will be lower rate or just cancel your request to product change!
You just call in for apt reductions every 12 months
Message 3736 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

if they didn't counter you on that last one then you're maxed at the $10k for now but it'll grow soon
Message 3737 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh okay. Thanks for the quick response guys! Smiley Happy

Message 3738 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

question. i went to apply for the goReards on the phone and it wasn't processed. is that a sign i should stop haha
Message 3739 of 5,746
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

Which Equifax site show the AR from NFCU? I would like to order a credit report but want to make sure it show AR's

Message 3740 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.