Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

@cship10 wrote:
Not at all inquiry sensitive. I have 56 inquires and they bumped my 500 dollar line to 22k after having it 4 months.

I'd say that maybe because your scores are good. Mine are in the low 600's Im trying to get some cards payed down and get my scores up some before I go for the CLI.

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 4461 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello !

I currently have cashRewards with a limit of $1600, I've been lurking around the posts but now I have a question, is the auto CLI turned on by default? and if not then can someone share a successfully story on how they manage to obtain auto CLI with a HP

Thanks!

Message 4462 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I rarely see auto....requesting with hopes of sp is much more likely and best!
Message 4463 of 5,746
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

What is harder to get a brand new Navcheck or a CLI on a current card? Scores low 600

Message 4464 of 5,746
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

How long have you had the card and what's the current CL?  Also what does your EQ report look like?

Message 4465 of 5,746
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

How long have you had the card and what's the current CL?  Also what does your EQ report look like?

Had the card since Ocober 2015

Current Credit Line is 5k

Current EQ have some paid charge offs. most recent was Jan 2014. No collections. They gave me the card with the same information on my report then  that it is now. 

Have 15 or so inquiries and someone said they got a CLI with 56 inquiries.

Message 4466 of 5,746
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

Current EQ have some paid charge offs. most recent was Jan 2014. No collections. They gave me the card with the same information on my report then  that it is now. 

NF isn't very inquiry sensitive so 15 shouldn't be an issue but will still be noted on any risked based pricing notice.  I'd apply for the NavChekc for the 15K.  If denied reapply for $500.  It should be the same HP.  I'd also wait to ask for the CLI on the credit card unitl after the next SP in early May.  That way you might get a SP CLI.  

Message 4467 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

You are way past time to ask... go ask $25k

Message 4468 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

@MakeItAMudLight wrote:

NF isn't very inquiry sensitive so 15 shouldn't be an issue but will still be noted on any risked based pricing notice.  I'd apply for the NavChekc for the 15K.  If denied reapply for $500.  It should be the same HP.  I'd also wait to ask for the CLI on the credit card unitl after the next SP in early May.  That way you might get a SP CLI.  

I don't get your strategy? Just ask for $15k. They will either approve, counter or deny. No need to re-apply. 

Message 4469 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

For some reason navy doesn't seem to counter the loc $15k down to $500 but will almost always approve $500 if all else fails but based on an already $5k credit card you are not in jeopardy of that!
Message 4470 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.