Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

Just wait until the July AR
Message 4501 of 5,746
LordP
Contributor

2 Experts recommend wait....I will wait.

Out the Garden again waiting on CLI season at NFCU
Secured Unsecured
Message 4502 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'd give it a try then
Message 4503 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, been following this thread and reading myfico f...

Hey guys, been following this thread and reading myfico for a few months now but posting for the first time!

Joined navy fed in March 2014- instantly approved for a 5.5k CashRewards card, no idea what my credit score was- maybe low 600s

Didn't know anything about credit so maxxed it and just kept making the minimum payments and then buying more things with it. Pretty much 100% UTL for the past 2 years. I think I even went over the limit a couple times after they added the interest.

Card will finally be paid down to zero in June. I have never missed or paid late. EQ FICO (real fico not the simulated score) right now is 670 with the card balance at 3800 so hopefully should go up to the 700s once it's all paid.

Income is 42k a year- self employed so no pay stubs but I deposit everything into my checking account with them so they can see it. AAoA is a little less than 2 years for my active accounts but overall credit history goes back a little over 4 years.

My questions are- do you think having my card at the max for so long will still reflect negatively on me once I pay it off and ask for a CLI during after July AR? I've never been late or missed a payment. Do you think I will be denied?

Is my income high enough to request the 15k CLOC?

(Also, definitely either not using or being responsible with credit from now on! Just want to build my tradelines and scores for the future)

Thanks for all the great info in this thread!
Message 4504 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would ask for a cli on Tuesday after this AR...
Your income is high enough for cloc
Message 4505 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure they would grant a CLI to someone who still has a 69% UTL on the card? Sorry I'm just nervous about asking! That's why I was thinking of waiting till July originally
Message 4506 of 5,746
trant3
Established Contributor

Are you sure they would grant a CLI to someone who still has a 69% UTL on the card? Sorry I'm just nervous about asking! That's why I was thinking of waiting till July originally"

No one is ever sure, you just have to give it a try. NFCU is generous on the most part.
FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 4507 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think the fact you have had it for two years and never asked will give you something
Message 4508 of 5,746
BeingMaryJane
Contributor

Hey guys, I'm here to ask for NFCU guidance lol. Today I was at 16K on my cash rewards. Being modest I asked for 20 and got it. Thought about leaving $$$ on the table so with bated breath came back and asked for 24.5 and got it. Does that still mean there is money on the table? Anything over that is probably going to be a hard pull right?

Message 4509 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

$25k is what you can ask for without a review!
Message 4510 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.