Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

I'm debating on whether to apply for the cloc next month or wait until September.. I am waiting on my reports to update the new limits on my 2 cap1 cards & a few new cards that were approved the last month. I went from about 75% utilization down to about 30% the last few weeks where I plan to keep it low going forward.

Background info: Bk7 discharged on 4/6. Is it too soon to apply for the cloc assuming that my cs is in the 630-660 range once my reports are all updated? I did acquire a $500 CashRewards card a few weeks back..

Currents cards / limits:
Cap1 QS $3000
Cap1 $1500
Navy CashRewards $500
VS $300

Any suggestions would be great, thank you.
Message 4771 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm debating on whether to apply for the cloc next month or wait until September.. I am waiting on my reports to update the new limits on my 2 cap1 cards & a few new cards that were approved the last month. I went from about 75% utilization down to about 30% the last few weeks where I plan to keep it low going forward.

Background info: Bk7 discharged on 4/6. Is it too soon to apply for the cloc assuming that my cs is in the 630-660 range once my reports are all updated? I did acquire a $500 CashRewards card a few weeks back..

Currents cards / limits:
Cap1 QS $3000
Cap1 $1500
Navy CashRewards $500
VS $300

Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

I would wait a minute and get your balances down to just 1 card under 10%.

Being 75% maxed out with such low limits looks like you already can't handle the debt right out of BK... even if you are paying in full, the credit report doesn't know that unless you get it to report that way at statement cut.

Message 4772 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Creditaddict, I will hold off on applying & work on lowering my utilization for now then. In the meantime, I should probably stop reading all the great approvals on this forum because it's tempting...
Message 4773 of 5,746
YellowBanana
New Contributor

I have the cash rewards card. The statement printed on the 22nd. It is only showing up on Experian. Does anyone know if it will be reported on TransUnion and Equifax?

Message 4774 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes, it reports to all 3
Message 4775 of 5,746
YellowBanana
New Contributor

thanks so much!! Hopefully in a few more days it will show up.

Message 4776 of 5,746
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of u for the advice. Got approved for 15 k CLOC at 15.79% APR

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 4777 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got in with nfcu and applied for cash card only got a 500 cl but during the review they froze my account. Ugh once got that cleared up, ( depts dont communicate well at times) i had applied for the go card, thinking i got the other app cancelled since csd wouldnt give info, and got approved for 1000 on that one.
Cash card shows on account, go card isnt listed yet. Recon and got denied with comment about second card. Didnt really need 2 but oh well. New to nfcu so we shall see how things go. I suspect they have had alot of security issues, they see ultra cautious about new accounts. Got in with navy league san diego no problem.
Message 4778 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

First I'm new to the site and have been rebuilding after 2 years of not caring about my credit. Been doing as much as possible and since November have gone up 100 points and much is attributed from what I have learned on the site, so thanks!
I got my NFCU cash rewards card in my with a starting limit of $500 and was kinda disappointed, but happy they even gave me credit, after all I had read about them being very forgiving. In June I decided to apply for the gorewards and was surprised to find I was instantly approved for $3,700. Still am pretty stoked about this. Now my goals are to age my accounts, let the bad stuff fall off and watch my score rise.
Thank you again for all that gave tips or advice and keep it up. This is my first time posting, but I have been reading since November of 2015. You may think you're only helping one person, but I'm sure many more are in a similar situation and reading all the posts!
Message 4779 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I finally applied for NFCU and was approvaed and got the NavCredit for 5k (thats all I asked for was worried due to high Utilitization and low score).

It wasn't in my offers, but I applied for one of the cc's and was denied.  They said I didn't meet their credit requirements so I sent them a recon email, I recieved this back:

"Thank you for your message. As a financial institution we must adhere to strict lending guidelines in order to ensure fair lending decisions for our entire membership. These decisions are based on various criteria to ensure creditworthiness such as monthly income and details reported by credit bureaus. In this instance, our established lending criteria were not met. We regret that we are not able to provide a more favorable response. Information concerning the Lending Team's decision has been mailed to your address of record.  Please allow 7-10 business days for delivery.  If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know."

Thoughts? guess I should be happy with the CLOC @ 5K and leave well enough alone..?

Message 4780 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.