Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

I just today applied for and was approved for an NFCU cash rewards. But was surprisingly only given a 5k limit. With my scores and other limits I thought I was a shoe in for a 25k limit card easily (which I wanted to grow even higher). Can I call and recon this limit or do I need to follow the CLI guides here to have it grow? 5K really isn't a limit worth having to me. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 5341 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You can send a sick your message online asking them to reconsider the limit
Message 5342 of 5,746
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Thanks CA and Uncle for the advice.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 5343 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict

3 months after joining NF and getting their credit card, 9 months after Ch7 Discharge, requested a CLI this morning (used the max button): went from 1k to 25k. 

OMG.  (Not that I will ever spend even close to that much).  Nice way to start the day. Smiles all around.

Makes me feel that my rebuild has been right on track.  Kind of acknowledges that I have been doing the right thing by everyone.  

Thanks Creditaddict (got this card and asked for the CLI because of you) and thank you NFCU. 

Message 5344 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5345 of 5,746
kugel
Valued Contributor

Congrats
Did u spend allot on the card ? What's your score ?
Message 5346 of 5,746
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats Coneyj what was your original SL on your cc ?
Message 5347 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5348 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow Coneyj123, that's awesome! Was it exactly 3 months after you got it? HP? What are your scores? Hoping for the same thing for me soon!
Message 5349 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel            My average monthly spend over the 3 months was 1800. Paid within a day or two of charge coming out of the "pending" stage.

My score when I got the card EX672 TU 635 EQ 686, not sure what they currently are, decided to get off the score ride for a while. Just paying my bill on time, not looking for new credit for a while so no need. 

@Aduke1122        My SL was 1k. 

@PooPoo81        Almost 3 months to the day, and about a week past my third statement. I don't think it was a HP, but not sure really. It was an instant decision and popped up literally about 15 seconds after hitting the submit button, (right after clicking Max and providing some info).  It will happen.  Read, follow the advice here and be smart.  Good Luck, that also seems to play a role. 

Funny thing, been going to the account website all day, just to make sure it was real and is still there, so far: Yep. Smiley Happy

Message 5350 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.