Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

So after my good luck with Navy earlier, I decided to pull trigger on NAV CHECK and asked for a meager $5,000. Even tho my research showed most approvals needed docs and review, I figured Id try.

INSTANT APPROVAL!!! It was a good day with navy to say the least.

Just pulled TU FICO was 700

Message 91 of 5,746
electra
Established Contributor

Yikes!  This thread is making my fingers itchy!  

I opened mine in Oct (3 HPs) with $5k limit

Asked for and got $5k bump to $10k at about 3 months.

It's now been about 7 months...should I try again?  If so, for how much?  Double it again or is that crazy?  (My income is about $200k and they have already verified through the Work Report.)

Should I do it???

Message 92 of 5,746
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@electra wrote:

Yikes!  This thread is making my fingers itchy!  

I opened mine in Oct (3 HPs) with $5k limit

Asked for and got $5k bump to $10k at about 3 months.

It's now been about 7 months...should I try again?  If so, for how much?  Double it again or is that crazy?  (My income is about $200k and they have already verified through the Work Report.)

Should I do it???

Yep do it.  The first time I requested a CLI I got an HP, after that all sp's.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 93 of 5,746
jobber123rd
Valued Member

Yeah, go ahead and ask for another CLI.  Note that the maximum CL for NavChek is $15k.

Message 94 of 5,746
electra
Established Contributor

Just to clarify...account is now 7 months old...not that it's been 7 months since last CLI...been more like 4 months since last CLI.  Still do it?  For how much??  Another $5k? $10k?

Eeeeek! Smiley Happy

Message 95 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you don't have $15k for NavCheck then I would ask for $15k

If you don't have $25k for any of the credit cards then I would ask for $25k

No exceptions!

Message 96 of 5,746
electra
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

No exceptions!

Eeeek!  Didn't a couple people say they'd gotten a HP at $25k?  I don't want a HP.  I'd like to also app for a CSP and/or AMEX BCE or BCP so want to keep the HPs down.

Maybe ask for $20k?  My heart is racing!!

I only have one card...the Cash Rewards. No NavCheck.

One other thought I had was that I'm planning on apping for a car loan in the next couple weeks with them...maybe I should ask for a CLI at the same time since that will be a HP anyway?

Message 97 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@electra wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

No exceptions!

Eeeek!  Didn't a couple people say they'd gotten a HP at $25k?  I don't want a HP.  I'd like to also app for a CSP and/or AMEX BCE or BCP so want to keep the HPs down.

Maybe ask for $20k?  My heart is racing!!

I only have one card...the Cash Rewards. No NavCheck.

One other thought I had was that I'm planning on apping for a car loan in the next couple weeks with them...maybe I should ask for a CLI at the same time since that will be a HP anyway?

Over $25k is the HP for sure by what it seems (it was for my partner) Anything under that has seem to be consistent with first CLI request HP and future SP... different screens doesn't seem to be holding strong yet.  The system will counter.

Also, as far as your Amex applying, they won't see Navy even if Navy did do a HP, they pull differently.

I might hit Chase first if you want them though just in case... Navy doesn't much care about INQ and I wouldn't worry about the Car loan request either or wait.

Message 98 of 5,746
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Probably a simple question but for NavChek is there a CLI request option in the menus somewhere or do you need to call?  Or can you ask via secure messaging?  I only recently signed up and asked for the modest $5K.  

Message 99 of 5,746
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

Probably a simple question but for NavChek is there a CLI request option in the menus somewhere or do you need to call?  Or can you ask via secure messaging?  I only recently signed up and asked for the modest $5K.  

You request a CLI on NavCheck by selecting the option to apply for a LOC.  After you get into that link it will ask you if you want an increase or new loan.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 100 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.