cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

I tried an online request on may 4th and still got the 3-5 message. I got all of my credit reports from MyFICO a few days after and I couldn't see any SP inquiries on those reports. How else can I find the AR's?

Message 2991 of 5,746
starry1
Valued Contributor

It seems to me that Navy goes through short periods where they get stingy.  Just wait it out a month or two and they are back to their crazy ways of throwing credit at you.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2992 of 5,746
randomdjs
Established Member

Clarification/Idea on next step

Hello - thanks to this guide, I joined NFCU, got approved for 15k signature cash rewards (it was approved 5 days ago) and conditionally approved for 14.5k nav loc (need to send in proof of  income).  With all the discussion about CLI and LUV, I am wondering if there is any harm in immediately asking for 25k on the SCR.  Do people do this or always wait for the 3 statements?  In all the disucssion I dont see any talk about countering the original credit limit.

As of 05/15 Discover IT 8.5/AMEX Delta Gold 3.0/Chase Freedom 5.0/Pottery Barn(Comenity) 4.0/Home Depot 2.0/BOA Cash Rewards 3.0k
Message 2993 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@randomdjs wrote:

Clarification/Idea on next step

Hello - thanks to this guide, I joined NFCU, got approved for 15k signature cash rewards (it was approved 5 days ago) and conditionally approved for 14.5k nav loc (need to send in proof of  income).  With all the discussion about CLI and LUV, I am wondering if there is any harm in immediately asking for 25k on the SCR.  Do people do this or always wait for the 3 statements?  In all the disucssion I dont see any talk about countering the original credit limit.

if you want to counter it I would send a secure message online saying you would like to reconsider and think you should qualify for such and such amount and I would send income proof with it (credit line and credit cards are different departments so sending income in for that won't be the same as sending to recon credit card)

Message 2994 of 5,746
randomdjs
Established Member

Thanks CA. Have you heard of this practice working? Decisioning off the original CR? Your guide seems to indicate 3 months and I dont want more HP or to be alarming, especially with the LOC in play
As of 05/15 Discover IT 8.5/AMEX Delta Gold 3.0/Chase Freedom 5.0/Pottery Barn(Comenity) 4.0/Home Depot 2.0/BOA Cash Rewards 3.0k
Message 2995 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@randomdjs wrote:
Thanks CA. Have you heard of this practice working? Decisioning off the original CR? Your guide seems to indicate 3 months and I dont want more HP or to be alarming, especially with the LOC in play

Seen a few very successful posts around here lately

Message 2996 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

It totally works, I sent a message through the secure messaging system requesting a reconsideration and provided POI. Doubled the initial limit.

Message 2997 of 5,746
Aallmo
Valued Member

I called nfcu the other day to inquire about splitting the limit on my card. During the conversation I mentioned being declined for two CLI's on my account which costs me points because of the hardpull. I was told there is a box they can check on your account if requested where every month they will soft pull you and if you're eligible for an increase that amount will be automatically be added to your credit limit.  Of course I immediately said yes please check the box haha. Hopefully this can eliminate some of the hardpulls and guesswork.  Has anyone else heard of this or tried it?

Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 667
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2998 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Aallmo wrote:

I called nfcu the other day to inquire about splitting the limit on my card. During the conversation I mentioned being declined for two CLI's on my account which costs me points because of the hardpull. I was told there is a box they can check on your account if requested where every month they will soft pull you and if you're eligible for an increase that amount will be automatically be added to your credit limit.  Of course I immediately said yes please check the box haha. Hopefully this can eliminate some of the hardpulls and guesswork.  Has anyone else heard of this or tried it?

Never heard of this... keep us posted if it works might be the new best thing!

Message 2999 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They SM me back this is what I got: "Your application was received and reviewed by the Consumer Lending Team. Unfortunately, they were unable to approve the request as submitted and a letter of explanation was mailed to your address of record. Please take the time to review the letter as we are unable discuss the disapproval reasons with you by e-message.
If you would like to be considered for a lesser amount or would like to make any changes to the application (such as adding a co-applicant), you will need to submit a new application for review. If you reapply, it is suggested that you do so by speaking with a member service representative so that any new information can be noted for review. If you have any questions or wish to reapply, please call our 24 hour, toll-free customer service line at 1-888-842-6328. Follow the prompts for Consumer Lending and ask to speak with Loan Review. You may also visit your local Navy Federal Credit Union branch office during their regular business hours"

No sure if I should reapply for a lesser amount or not. I did ask for the full 15K. They didn't even counter offer.

Alexanderia, what did you end up doing?

I'm in the same boat. Applied for $15k CLOC, was conditionally approved, told to send in proof of income (which I did), and then was denied.  Letter I received a week later said I was denied due to length of income and inability to verify income. Sent a SM asking why I got those reasons, given the documentation I provided, and got the same SM response you did.

I got dinged by *3* stinkin' HPs during the CLOC application and am thus very leery about submitting a new application, since it will probably just add another HP. At this point I'm planning to just say eff it and forget about the CLOC until I do my next round of applications in the fall.

Besides giving me the $10k limit CashRewards Visa in March, I've been rather disheartened by NFCU since then, especially seeing all the great NFCU experiences people have been posting about. Every CLI request has resulted in the 3-5 day message, but so far I've luckily been able to get them to cancel the HP via SM. And then now the CLOC application fiasco. Sigh.

I'll submit another CLI request in July and see if my luck will finally change.

Message 3000 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.