Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

Yea they actually denied the charge I had my rent set up to get taken out of the savings account. I have had my other bank plenty of times take a ACH like my water bill or electric bill out of a savings account and NF denied it and I occurred an NSF fee of 50.00 from my apartment building. I spoke to two service reps and one supervisor that said they won't compensate the fee because it was a fee given by the apartment complex not them but technically they caused it because they denied the ACH even though the money was there. I was thinking about sending a certified letter to corporate. Do you guys think it is worth it? I was so mad because NF has been good to me but that I couldn't believe they did cause I have never heard of a bank denying a ACH from your savings account.
Message 3161 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

read the account disclosures maybe. that's tell you. also, it's at the banks discretion to EVER allow funds to come out via ACH, wire or debit transaction.
Message 3162 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

We looked over the the terms and disclosures and it didn't say anything about not being able to do and ACH via savings. But lesson learned
Message 3163 of 5,746
ciacbw
Valued Member

Look up Regulation D it will shed light on this subject for you. I don't want too make you sleep with all of the details. I used to do compliance for my branch. You cannot do ach with your savings.

Fyi Reg E deals with debit/credit cards etc.
Message 3164 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

i put the wrong one ha. fat finger or forgetfulness. whichever idk ha
Message 3165 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

but i did ACH with mine... i had amex automatically deduct their payment out of it at the beginning.
Message 3166 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it is only certain banks because I also have a Ally Savings account and I have done ACH with that as well
Message 3167 of 5,746
ciacbw
Valued Member

Maybe a money market? I dunno kind of weird. Hate those regs!! They were my nemesis.
Message 3168 of 5,746
cem13
Established Contributor

I checked for my AR today and it is showing.  So I hit the luv button on my 2nd card and instant CLI $5k to $22K.  I asked for $25K and they instant countered at $22K.  My 1st card is also at $22K.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3169 of 5,746
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

I checked for my AR today and it is showing.  So I hit the luv button on my 2nd card and instant CLI $5k to $22K.  I asked for $25K and they instant countered at $22K.  My 1st card is also at $22K.

Its about to POP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I am already at 24K on my one NFCU card. if I have the AR, should I ask for more or apply for new card>?????????????????????????????? Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Update: Just checked my equifax and I had AR on June 30th...

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
Message 3170 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.