Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

Saw the AR in my daily EQ check. I've only had two statements cut but went for it anyway. Asked for 25K got instant counter on both cards. CashRewards 14K -> 22K and Platinum MC 2K -> 22K (yes 20K CLI). Should I go for an increase on the LOC as well?

Message 3351 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure, but LOC increases are always an HP. And congrats!
Message 3352 of 5,746
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

Finally got my first Navy CLI!

$6,000 ---> $10,000 Smiley Very Happy

And just as a data point, for anyone that just had the 3rd statement cut and doesn't get a CLI, I got the 3-5 day message after I had 3 statements cut and an A/R done. My credit score had risen almost 40 points in that time span, so it was a head scratcher, but I cancelled the CLI as I didn't want the HP (gardening). I've now had 6 statements cut and just received my first CLI. So sometimes they make you wait, depending on certain profiles. Good luck all.

Congratulations!

I received my first CLI at 6 months. I'm just going to wait until after the next AR to try again. My account will be a year old.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3353 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That I didn't know. I'm kicking myself that I asked for 10K instead of the full 15K when I first apped for it. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten it. Not sure I want the HP to go from 10 to 15K. In fact I know I don't want to add any HP's on EQ unless it's for something really worthwhile. 

Message 3354 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That I didn't know. I'm kicking myself that I asked for 10K instead of the full 15K when I first apped for it. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten it. Not sure I want the HP to go from 10 to 15K. In fact I know I don't want to add any HP's on EQ unless it's for something really worthwhile. 

I made same mistake, cost me two HPs to reach 15K.

Message 3355 of 5,746
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Navy must really hate me...Ive had 6 statements cut, ran over $10,000 through a $500 limit card, paid in full, never left a balance, etc. and all Navy would give me is a lousy $500 increase 2 months ago via HP.Tried for a CLI after seeing the 9/1AR, got the 3-5 day message. Immediately cancelled the CLI request.  My Feb 2014 BK cannot seriously be huting me that bad, especilly with NFCU and all of the successes I see on here.  But they give me a separate VISA Siggy last month with a $500 limit and they wont budge on that either, even after SM recon. This is so frustrating!!!! Smiley Sad

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 3356 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Awesome TA!!
Message 3357 of 5,746
gibeon
Established Contributor

Another data point:

Have had the card for four days, but my first statement cut on 8/22. Got the 3-5 message.

I'm going out of town for a week though and really wanted to bump it up a bit so I could put rental car and hotels on the same card (trying for that bonus).

I SM'd them to please cancel request, or if too late to please consider bping and I can provide docs and told them about travel as well. Will update here if it works...
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3358 of 5,746
dozzer99
Established Member

AR Showed up for me today, says it was done on the 1st

2015-09-04_10-46-50.jpg

Went from $14,000 to $17,500 on a softee, gotta love navy!!!

Message 3359 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gibeon you might want to go ahead and see if you can cancel. If it's too late see if they can manually review your account.
Message 3360 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.