Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had recent success in moving a portion your current credit card limit to open a second card?

I've talked to 2 different reps and both said I have to cold app.

I did this in May15.  I took $5K off my Visa to open a MC.  Then after 3 statements and an AR, I SP CLI both to $22K.  

My original Visa was $25K so now I am starting to think that $22K is the SP limit as opposed to $25K mentioned in several other posts.  There are others who only get $22K SP CLI recently too.

Did you do that through secure mail or over the phone? The reps I spoke with kept calling it a balance transfer and said they don't move credit limits to open other cards.

I just SP from 18k to 25k this morning. $25K SP limits are avail.

I want to do exactly what you did - move 5k to another card!

Message 3381 of 5,746
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you do that through secure mail or over the phone? The reps I spoke with kept calling it a balance transfer and said they don't move credit limits to open other cards.

I called them and said, "I shop at Sams Club weekly.  They do not accept Visa, only MC.  So I was wondering if I could take $5K off my Visa to open a MC?  If not, then I will have to call Capital One to open a MC account and I will probably just stick with their card because it is 1.5% cashback just like the NFCU Visa.  However, if I can open a MC with NFCU, then I will stick with Navy"

The CSR did not hesitate and said, "Oh, we do not want to lose you as a customer.  I can take care of that right away.  Here is your new MC account number so you can shop online today while we overnight your new card.  While I am at it, I see you are pre-approved for a LOC, if you are interested, then I will transfer you".  I said "yes"  I was transferred and received $15K LOC.  I received 2 HP, 1 for the MC and the other for the LOC.

Now I will agree that I am in the minority here because most people do not get a 2nd card.  I run about $5K through the Visa per month and I my income is > $100K.  I also have a car loan with NFCU.  I have never been late, I usually PIF and I will use the MC every other month.

Both cards are now at $22K.  I will try for a SP CLI to $25K.  

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3382 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The CSR did not hesitate and said, "Oh, we do not want to lose you as a customer.  I can take care of that right away.  Here is your new MC account number so you can shop online today while we overnight your new card.  While I am at it, I see you are pre-approved for a LOC, if you are interested, then I will transfer you".  I said "yes"  I was transferred and received $15K LOC.  I received 2 HP, 1 for the MC and the other for the LOC.

Asking to have a part of your credit limit moved to a new card is a HP?

Message 3383 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

they opened a new card.
Message 3384 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

and everything is a HP with navy basically lol
Message 3385 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol yeah they love pulling credit! 

Message 3386 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i get a bank statement? that'll be a hard pull sir.
Message 3387 of 5,746
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
can i get a bank statement? that'll be a hard pull sir.

"Oh, you want to speak with a Customer Service Representative?  That will be another HP."

Or.  "Please listen to the following options as our menu has changed,  If you would like to speak to a Reresentative, and a HP, press 1, to speak with someone about a car loan and a HP, press 2, for office hours and a HP, press 3; for the fax number and a HP, press 4, for any other reason and a HP, press 5.  If you would like to end this call and receive a HP, just hang up."

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 3388 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are killing me.
Message 3389 of 5,746
Chilli
Established Contributor

That's funny....LMBO!

Message 3390 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.