Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
GCM415
Established Member

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

Trying to figure out if I should ask for a CLI...

I applied and was approved on 3/27/13 for an NFCU bank account, and Cash Rewards with $7k.  Since then, I've gotten/paid 2 statements and put about 5-6k through it, with 3-4% left for utilization to report.  My next payment is due in 5 days (7/1 will be right around 90 days since I've had the card issued to me), and I wasn't sure if I should ask for a CLI after this statement or if I should wait longer. Also, do I ask for the whole $25k on the first try?  My FICO scores are still in the low 600's on EQ, but 709 on TU. Thanks!  

Message 351 of 5,746
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@GCM415 wrote:

I applied and was approved on 3/27/13 for an NFCU bank account, and Cash Rewards with $7k.  Since then, I've gotten/paid 2 statements and put about 5-6k through it, with 3-4% left for utilization to report.  My next payment is due in 5 days (7/1 will be right around 90 days since I've had the card issued to me), and I wasn't sure if I should ask for a CLI after this statement or if I should wait longer. Also, do I ask for the whole $25k on the first try?  My FICO scores are still in the low 600's on EQ, but 709 on TU. Thanks!  

History has shown that your first request for a CLI is a HP so you might as well ask for all you want!!

As for the time frame, I had two CLI within 90 days and have seen others do the same.

*8/10/13
Message 352 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@GCM415 wrote:

Ask for $25k!!

Id ask for NavCheck for $15k following CLI too

Message 353 of 5,746
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

They approved $7k initial on their flagship card and 1 month later I ask for $15k and got approved for it. I also applied for their NavCheck and was approved for $5k I'm asking them if they could max increase for $15k I'm still waiting to see.
Message 354 of 5,746
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Just to let you know they did a HP on my EQ 726 and TU 722 that's my real score they just pulled TU today.
Message 355 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@kampfer09 wrote:
They approved $7k initial on their flagship card and 1 month later I ask for $15k and got approved for it. I also applied for their NavCheck and was approved for $5k I'm asking them if they could max increase for $15k I'm still waiting to see.

Was that a 3-5 day message or instant when you did that request 1 month later?

Message 356 of 5,746
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

It took about a day to see the CLI.
Message 357 of 5,746
HelpMe----
Valued Member

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 358 of 5,746
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I opened a checking account and applied for the flagship card on the same day and was approved for an initial limit of $40k. Exactly 7 days later I hit the CLI button and got the 3 to 5 day message. The next day saw that they gave me the $15k increase that I had requested. Honestly I think the waiting 90 days thing is overrated. NFCU is very generous with their CL's. The funny thing is I can't apply for NavCheck because I haven't been a customer for 90 days. Smiley Tongue

Message 359 of 5,746
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

Just want to say thanks to the peer pressure from Creditaddict, Smiley Wink I finally decided to hit the love button.  My initial CL was $500 asked for 15K.  Got counter for 14k!! This is what the screen looked like after I hit submit:

Credit Card:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx cashRewards Visa

The limit listed below is the current approved limit. You can accept the new limit or request a further review for the limit you requested.

Approved Credit Line:$14,000.00
Accept
Request Further Review

I quickly accepted before they changed their minds! Smiley Very Happy  I love NFCU but I especially love these forums!! 
NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 360 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.