Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

Almost a year ago that's good to hear. But it's a measly $20 so I'm going to take Senorita Baller's advice and sign up for Equifax Complete Premier Plan right now.

I'll popsicle EQ in case NFCU wants to get all cutesy with me and doesn't pull TU.

P.S. On Blispay you stated, "The 0% for six months promotional financing is for any single, individual purchase of $199 or more purchases don't combine to qualify."

So if I go shopping at Lowe's and buy two items at $100 each at the same time with ONE credit card transaction that doesn't qualify or does it?
Message 4991 of 5,746
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

We applied for membership and CC in July , memebership was EQ for both fiancé and I , and TU for both our CC . CLOC app was EQ .
Message 4992 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's official NFCU has multiple personality inquiry disorder.  Smiley Surprised

Multiple_Personality_Disorder-_080519_mn.jpg

Message 4993 of 5,746
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
We applied for membership and CC in July , memebership was EQ for both fiancé and I , and TU for both our CC . CLOC app was EQ .

If they pulled EQ for your membership, then just about everything I've 'assumed' about what bureaus they pulled really has gone out the door.

Message 4994 of 5,746
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Almost a year ago that's good to hear. But it's a measly $20 so I'm going to take Senorita Baller's advice and sign up for Equifax Complete Premier Plan right now.

I'll popsicle EQ in case NFCU wants to get all cutesy with me and doesn't pull TU.

P.S. On Blispay you stated, "The 0% for six months promotional financing is for any single, individual purchase of $199 or more purchases don't combine to qualify."

So if I go shopping at Lowe's and buy two items at $100 each at the same time with ONE credit card transaction that doesn't qualify or does it?

I agree, in this case "an ounce of prevention" is much more desirable than "a pound of cure"!  Smiley Very Happy

As for Blispay, as long as your items are on the same receipt it's considered one purchase, in which case if the total was $199 or higher it would qualify for the six month promotional financing.  If you had them rung up separately (and swiped your card twice) that's where you would have a problem.

By 'purchase' I was referring to a single receipt... while I wouldn't advise it, you could go grocery shopping and purchase a cart full of $1-$5 items and as long as the total transaction was $199 or higher the six month no-interest promotion will be triggered on Blispay.  Smiley Wink

Message 4995 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is what I was hoping for UncleB and that is such sweet music to my credit ears about Blispay.

It's the HIDDEN tradeline part that got my attention and the only reason I'm interested in getting that card.

Blispay Visa would be my third personal hidden tradeline that I have or what I like to call my Black Ops credit line team. Smiley Wink

Now it looks like I will add Blispay to my credit app spree train that's leaving the credit station this week with stops at NFCU and NASA for credit products and PenFed and Alliant for membership only.

Chugga-Chugga Choo Choo Smiley Very Happy

maxresdefault.jpg

Message 4996 of 5,746
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Has anyone been successful at recon on a starting limit with them? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4997 of 5,746
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

@Bruisedcredit alot of ppl I have read who have had success of recon for starting limits . They usually recon within a day or two of approval , when were you approved ? If not I believe it would be another HP .
Message 4998 of 5,746
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
@credit_endurance alot of ppl I have read who have had success of recon for starting limits . They usually recon within a day or two of approval , when were you approved ? If not I believe it would be another HP .

@Aduke1122 I appied a month ago and we discussed my fiasco of trying to get membership approval that eventually came later with much work involved. It seems that some cards are getting larger starting limits for instance cash rewards seems to approval much higher limits than gorewards. Now thasts just whaswhast I have been able to gather. I'm totally fine with sending in 2 paystubs. Just don't need the HP though.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4999 of 5,746
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:
@credit_endurance alot of ppl I have read who have had success of recon for starting limits . They usually recon within a day or two of approval , when were you approved ? If not I believe it would be another HP .

@Aduke1122 I appied a month ago and we discussed my fiasco of trying to get membership approval that eventually came later with much work involved. It seems that some cards are getting larger starting limits for instance cash rewards seems to approval much higher limits than gorewards. Now thasts just whaswhast I have been able to gather. I'm totally fine with sending in 2 paystubs. Just don't need the HP though.

The normal way to 'recon' a SL is to send them a SM and upload two paystubs.  I've read over many posts/threads where this was successful, but you can probably expect another HP for the recon (of course, YMMV). 

NFCU does like their HPs... that's probably the only thing I would change if I were 'King for a day'.  Smiley Wink

Message 5000 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.