Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Official NFCU CLI Guide

@Anonymous wrote:
@credit_endurance

"CashRewards seems to approval much higher limits than GoRewards. Now that's just what I have been able to gather."

I assume this is just anecdotal evidence that you've personally found so far on the forum?

I don't care about points/cashback or anything else besides getting the card with the lowest interest rate and highest credit limit with NFCU.

I have always been hell-bent on my first card with NFCU being the Flagship Signature Visa since the limit goes up to $80K.

But if the odds say to get the CashRewards card instead because it will have a bigger starting limit and same interest rate as Flagship then I'll go that way.

I just froze EQ (to be safe) and I'll apply on Wed for an NFCU CC with a 770-780 FICO 08 score. Three total TU inquiries over the last two years and only one single line of credit that will be showing any type of balance on my reports.

Anyone else have any input or research on what NFCU cards give the highest starting credit limits and lowest interest rates?

Yes CreditLuv. Although I didn't read through all 500 pages or so here to gather the info, it just seems that most have appid for the cash rewards over go rewards and the starting cl have been like night and day difference. Cash rewards seem to get a lot of $17,000 plus starting limits while go rewards has been getting like $3,500 to 5,000 average for most an a occasional $12,000 to $17,000 here or there, again this is just my obeservation and many would probably differ. If I were you with the scores your sporting would app for the cash rewards or flagship card. No question you should get minimum $20,000. And by the way I am very impressed with your cc line up in your sig. Not a plethora of cards and maximized your limits very well. If I had it all to over again, I would have done the very same. And now you can just add to that line up. Well done. Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5031 of 5,746
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
I was just speaking with another member on a diff thread who posted they were approved for Cash Rewards in May for SL of 5,500, ask for CLI today ad got a message of denial and apped for Go rewards and was approved for SL or 6,900. And hours later just logged into thier acct and seen where there credit limit on first card had changed to 15k , which was the same one they got a.decline for this morning SMH
I don't think we can figure them out if we tried 😂😂

Yes Aduke, That's just the baffling thing I dont understand. No real rhyme or reason for it.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5032 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't think any of the cards approve higher than another.

However, with that said... the computer will not approve more than $25k instantly from just about 99% of what I have always seen... BUT if you send in 2 paystubs by secure message and ask for recon to the max then of course better to apply flagship because of the chance of reconing to $80k but that would be absolutely huge although I have seen an instant recon to I think $40k or $50k by doing what I'm saying above.

Message 5033 of 5,746
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else have any input or research on what NFCU cards give the highest starting credit limits and lowest interest rates?

If you're looking for the lowest APR, that would be their Platinum card (Visa or MasterCard). 

That's actually why I selected it myself... it has no rewards, but it has the lowest APR of any of their cards.  Smiley Happy

Message 5034 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It's only 1% lower
Message 5035 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bruisedcredit

All my personal credit lines aren't listed in my signature, only the ones that are $10K+. Smiley Very Happy

I have two old as dirt Cap1 cards that will join the signature group either in the end of Dec/Jan on my next CLI and as well as another PLOC that I currently have.

I would read ALL 500+ pages of this NFCU thread like I did it has a wealth of great knowledge for everyone.

Message 5036 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks CA.

I want to avoid POI on any NFCU card so with my high TU score and only 3 TU inquiries over the last two years, all I want is an instant $20K-$25K approval on the Flagship Signature Visa on Wednesday when I apply.

Then in December app NavCheck for $15K. Senorita Baller gave NFCU two months bank statements for POI. I'll give that up to NFCU then and use the business bank statements to also ask for a CLI on the Flagship card.

Then I'll wait another 3-3 1/2 months to app for the NFCU CashRewards card as long as I get the full $15K PLOC in December.

That's my NFCU plan anyways let's see how it plays out.

Message 5037 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why wouldn't you apply credit card and cloc back to back??? Those are most common instant approvals with navy with no poi at start of membership.
Also if you don't travel a lot why flagship?
Message 5038 of 5,746
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CA

I have been a member with NFCU for almost 2 1/2 months when I apply for a CC. I don't care about points/cashback on any credit cards that I have or will ever get.

I only care about attaining the largest credit lines, finding hidden tradeline gems like Blispay Visa, PayPal Credit, RBFCU PLOC, getting PLOC's, 25%-100% cash (non-ATM) access on credit cards and the lowest interest rates.

Flagship = $80K maximum limit
All other NFCU credit cards have a $50K limit.

Multiple credit apps (CC + PLOC) at the SAME time will always trigger a manual UW review from any credit lender and being self-employed on top of that will trigger POI for sure.

It's two HP's for both a CC and PLOC with NFCU regardless if I do it on one day or 3 months apart.

Message 5039 of 5,746
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. If you aren't going to recon limit all cards max initial approval is $25k so why take an af card if your not interested in said rewards anyway.
2. Cloc is completely different department with navy than credit card and doesn't = review because it's 2nd app.
3. List yourself as employee of your company not self employed... Your asking for review regardless when listing self employed on any bank
Message 5040 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.