cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official NFCU CLI Guide

tag

Re: Can we have "OFFICIAL NFCU CLI - HOW IT WORKS!"

I just want to say thanks to you guys! After reading a different thread on here, I decided to apply for both the Navy Fed MasterCard and Visa Rewards cards. Got approved for both with $4000 & $6000 respectively. This was about a month ago. Last night I was scanning on here and came across this thread and after reading the replies, I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I only asked for $10k on both and since it was my first cli request I got the 3-5 day message. I logged in this morning and my MC was doubled to 8k! Still no word on the Visa, but I bring in about $65k a year and in addition to these two cards I have a $18k auto loan and a $1800 personal loan through them so I wouldn't be surprised if they pass on the other cli, but I am extremely happy with the one I got. It is a lot of hps on my report, but because I have been shopping around for the best mortgage I already had enough pulls where a new one did not hurt my fico. Plus they will all drop around the same time and when that happens, it'll be a nice little score jump :-D

Thanks again guys!
NFCU nRewards Visa: $15k, NFCU goRewards MC: $15k, NFCU NavCheck: $15k, Lowes Store Card: $8,500, PayPal Extras MC: $2k, FNBO NRA VIsa: $1,500, Discover It: $1,400, CapOne Platinum MC: $1,250, H.H.Gregg Store Card: $1,200, USAA Classic AMEX: $1k, Amazon Store Card: $600, Home Depot Store Card: $500, First Premier Platinum: $400, Walmart Visa: $150
Message 651 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ Brianclarkkent .....congrats to you on the increase!! I would be more surprised if you didn't get the other card to increase as well or counter ! Way to go!
Message 652 of 5,746
tryingtogetitrightnow
Regular Contributor

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

My experience over the past 48 hours or so...

1. Joined NFCU late Sunday afternoon and applied for CC
  2. Monday received secure message stating I was approved for a $5K CashRewards Signature card
  3. Late Monday morning sent secure message asking for $10K.
  4. Monday afternoon Card shows in my online profile at $5K and I receive a reply to my secure message asking for 2 recent paystubs, which I supply.
  5. Tuesday morning Card shows in my online profile at $10K (no additional messages received)
  6. Tuesday noon press the Luv button asking for $20K...received the 3-5 day wait reply
  7. 2 hours later (Tuesday) Card shows in my online profile at $20K

Not a bad 48hrs.  Smiley Happy

Not quite as quick as yours, but reading your posted inspired me to request a CLI.  Thank you.  I would have waited 4 months if I hadn't read your post.  

1. About 2 - 3 weeks ago, applied for a NFCU Flagship rewards card.  Got the 3-5 day message

2. The next morning, was approved with a $5k limit.  Sent a message requesting they up the limit to $10k and lower the apr.

3. A couple hours later, got a message that they'd increase the limit to $10k, but couldn't lower the apr at this time.

4. After reading this post, I decided to request a CLI to $20k last week by pressing the Luv button.  I got the 3-5 day message.

5. I never received a message, but checked my account yesterday and the limit had been increased to $20k

I'm guessing that they don't send you a message telling you they increased the credit limit after you press the Luv button and they initially give you the 3-5 day message?  I was expecting that they would send me a message telling me that.  Do people just check back every couple days to see what they decided? 

Starting Scores:10/09/13 EX ???; EQ 661; TU 668
Current Scores: 11/23/13 EX 655; EQ 679; TU 705
Goal Scores:700+ for all
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 653 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Gettingittogethernow....congrats on the cli!! NFCU is so awesome! Can't wait till I at least get an increase to a mere 1k, but me situation is a little situation considering I'm post ch7 discharge 2 months ago! .
Message 654 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh my word.... Trying to type from my iPhone and it autocorrects everything! Sorry for the typos in my previous message! Meant to say that my situation is a little different !
Message 655 of 5,746
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Welcome to the garden BCK and Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 656 of 5,746
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

@tryingtogetitrightnow wrote:

@tomfromrictmame wrote:

My experience over the past 48 hours or so...

1. Joined NFCU late Sunday afternoon and applied for CC
  2. Monday received secure message stating I was approved for a $5K CashRewards Signature card
  3. Late Monday morning sent secure message asking for $10K.
  4. Monday afternoon Card shows in my online profile at $5K and I receive a reply to my secure message asking for 2 recent paystubs, which I supply.
  5. Tuesday morning Card shows in my online profile at $10K (no additional messages received)
  6. Tuesday noon press the Luv button asking for $20K...received the 3-5 day wait reply
  7. 2 hours later (Tuesday) Card shows in my online profile at $20K

Not a bad 48hrs.  Smiley Happy

Not quite as quick as yours, but reading your posted inspired me to request a CLI.  Thank you.  I would have waited 4 months if I hadn't read your post.  

1. About 2 - 3 weeks ago, applied for a NFCU Flagship rewards card.  Got the 3-5 day message

2. The next morning, was approved with a $5k limit.  Sent a message requesting they up the limit to $10k and lower the apr.

3. A couple hours later, got a message that they'd increase the limit to $10k, but couldn't lower the apr at this time.

4. After reading this post, I decided to request a CLI to $20k last week by pressing the Luv button.  I got the 3-5 day message.

5. I never received a message, but checked my account yesterday and the limit had been increased to $20k

I'm guessing that they don't send you a message telling you they increased the credit limit after you press the Luv button and they initially give you the 3-5 day message?  I was expecting that they would send me a message telling me that.  Do people just check back every couple days to see what they decided? 

No additional messages beyond the first approval.  In fact when I received my card in the mail on Saturday, the limit on the Terms and Conditions sheet was $5,000.  I suspect I will see something amended.  Interestingly it's also a Green Cash Rewards Siggy card...I was expecting a Black one.  And yes, I log onto my account every day to check.  Smiley Very Happy

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 657 of 5,746
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Ok guys I hit the cli button got the 3-5 day. Sent a message please cancel as I do not want another inquiry on my cr. they responded with I was approved for cli! But I didn't get a hp. Safely still in the garden

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 658 of 5,746
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Quick question to all you who have pc'ed over to the flagship signature visa. Lets say for example someday, I get up to let's says $8k on my nRewards. Can I break off $5k and open flagship without HP?
Next.... How does te flagship report? Does it report credit limit ?? And would they back date te flagship to the open date on my nRewards card?

Thanks .... Just over here dreaming of the day I can post here with a nice Cli!!! LolSmiley Happy
Message 659 of 5,746
Scupra
Super Contributor

I'm on my phone so sorry if this is short. Yes you can split limit from one card to another, I'm not sure on the HP. Flagship reports the actual limit you have. No, they will not back date, it's a new account.
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 660 of 5,746
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.