Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Diners club how you slay me lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Diners club how you slay me lol

So I called again for the 87th million time and was told "you should get a letter from us with either a pin or denial in 45 business days" I almost gagged on the phone LOL I said excuse me did you say 45 business days?? (Mind you I appd in Oct) Cust service rep paused "yes that is correct we are quite backed up".  So I hung up and called back this time I was told "We mailed a letter to your house last week you should get it in the mail by Monday" LOL  i said oh really thats strange I just spoke to someone else who told me 45 business days, this Cust service rep goes can I put you on hold? So I say sure why the hell not, he comes back "Oh yes after looking your app is pending and it will take 45 business days" I ask then where did you get the idea that a letter was mailed to my house last week, he said oh that was his error.  I said ok bye, I called a third time to see what else I would be told just for the hell of it LOL.  This lady comes on very nice atleast she was honest she said "your app is pending and i cant give you an answer on when it will be ready we are so backed up that we have no idea only the underwriters are working on it" I said let me ask you is there anyway to take off the hard inquiry since my app clearly isnt being processed, she said she doesnt think so!

At this point I dont even want the card because its scaring me how unorganized they are being and how there just flat out lying, just give me my hard inquiry back off my credit report and let me be on my way lol.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Oh Diners club how you slay me lol

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Exactly my face when I hung up LOL

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I called again for the 87th million time and was told "you should get a letter from us with either a pin or denial in 45 business days" I almost gagged on the phone LOL I said excuse me did you say 45 business days?? (Mind you I appd in Oct) Cust service rep paused "yes that is correct we are quite backed up".  So I hung up and called back this time I was told "We mailed a letter to your house last week you should get it in the mail by Monday" LOL  i said oh really thats strange I just spoke to someone else who told me 45 business days, this Cust service rep goes can I put you on hold? So I say sure why the hell not, he comes back "Oh yes after looking your app is pending and it will take 45 business days" I ask then where did you get the idea that a letter was mailed to my house last week, he said oh that was his error.  I said ok bye, I called a third time to see what else I would be told just for the hell of it LOL.  This lady comes on very nice atleast she was honest she said "your app is pending and i cant give you an answer on when it will be ready we are so backed up that we have no idea only the underwriters are working on it" I said let me ask you is there anyway to take off the hard inquiry since my app clearly isnt being processed, she said she doesnt think so!

At this point I dont even want the card because its scaring me how unorganized they are being and how there just flat out lying, just give me my hard inquiry back off my credit report and let me be on my way lol.

Absolutely amazing.  It's like they're some company that just started and is being run by 12 year olds.  I'm shocked that I received my card.

Message 4 of 26
dize
Regular Contributor

Idk how I get so lucky, I got approved in about a week

Message 5 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

Don't blame the messenger. I'm sure those reps have no clue. So it is not their.  faults. That goes straight to management. Calling over and over. Not only causes you stress. But stress for them too. I feel ya though. I got my card bused it 5 days in a row. No shutdown. So I'm not sure the issues at their main office. But when they come back hope  all is organized. 

Message 6 of 26
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

They tell me different things everytime I call, I just quit calling for now. If I get it I get it and if not oh well.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ojefferyo wrote:

They tell me different things everytime I call, I just quit calling for now. If I get it I get it and if not oh well.

And frankly, that's all you can do given it's going to be more frustrating everytime you try to contact them.  IMO, I would just let it ride until you get a definitive answer.

Message 8 of 26
taxi818
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

And frankly, that's all you can do given it's going to be more frustrating everytime you try to contact them.  IMO, I would just let it ride until you get a definitive answer.

+1

Message 9 of 26
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

Yeah, I now agree with this.

Applied on Wednesday, 11/6.  Still nothing in their system, get a different response every time I call.  Today was, "We always send a letter within 14 to 21 days after application. Just be patient."

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.