Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohhhh, Barclays....

tag
TaterDawg
New Contributor

Ohhhh, Barclays....

Only took them 50 weeks to notify me that my application couldn't be processed. Smiley Very Happy

Have to admit I was a little nervous when I got my daily post office notification and saw an unexpected letter from Barclay. I've added four or five accounts in the last three months, but didn't see any AA on my online account, so I wasn't sure what this was about.  Turns out this was for a second Barclay card that I applied for during an app spree a year ago.

I just paid off the card, so I'm still expecting to get CLD'd any day now. Smiley Frustrated

20171010_192948.jpg

As of 12/11/2023: FICO8- EQ- 828, TU-820, EX-810 - FICO9- EQ- 853, TU- 851, EX- 820 - FICO10- EQ- 822, TU-815, EX-787

* DCU Platinum $10K * USAA Rewards Sig Visa $18k * Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $7k * Kohls $3k * Amazon Store $10k * Citi DC $5.8k * Discover IT $5.8k * AmEx EveryDay $4.1k * Chase Freedom $3k * CapOne WEMC $10k * Barclay Cashforward $6.9k * Citi Premier $3.6k * USAA AmEx Cashback Rewards $18k * BoA Platinum Plus $15k * USBank Kroger 1-2-3 $10.5k * Amex Hilton Honors $8.7k * PenFed Platinum Rewards $10k * PayPal Credit $5.3k * NFCU GoRewards $18.6k * Walmart MC $10k * AMEX BCP $5K * 5/3 Bank Truly Simple $4.5k * AMEX Gold* CapOne Venture $10K* Chase Southwest RR $7.9k* Citi Costco $7k* Sam's Club MC $10k*
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Ohhhh, Barclays....

Many members wouldn't poke that bear for all the tea in china.

Interesting the time laspse of 50 weeks to get a notification like that.

They must have something else up their sleeve for you?

Message 2 of 10
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

😂

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 10
TaterDawg
New Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Many members wouldn't poke that bear for all the tea in china.

Interesting the time laspse of 50 weeks to get a notification like that.

They must have something else up their sleeve for you?

To be honest, I'm not all that concerned at this point. When I applied for the card a year (well, 50 weeks) ago, I was approved for $15k which was great. I took advantage of the BT offer which took my utilization up to around 33%, after which without warning Barclays balance chased me down to $4800.

Since then I've added another another 10 cards and $97k in SL. I got my 0% balance transfer out of them. If they close the account, oh well. Smiley Very Happy

As of 12/11/2023: FICO8- EQ- 828, TU-820, EX-810 - FICO9- EQ- 853, TU- 851, EX- 820 - FICO10- EQ- 822, TU-815, EX-787

* DCU Platinum $10K * USAA Rewards Sig Visa $18k * Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $7k * Kohls $3k * Amazon Store $10k * Citi DC $5.8k * Discover IT $5.8k * AmEx EveryDay $4.1k * Chase Freedom $3k * CapOne WEMC $10k * Barclay Cashforward $6.9k * Citi Premier $3.6k * USAA AmEx Cashback Rewards $18k * BoA Platinum Plus $15k * USBank Kroger 1-2-3 $10.5k * Amex Hilton Honors $8.7k * PenFed Platinum Rewards $10k * PayPal Credit $5.3k * NFCU GoRewards $18.6k * Walmart MC $10k * AMEX BCP $5K * 5/3 Bank Truly Simple $4.5k * AMEX Gold* CapOne Venture $10K* Chase Southwest RR $7.9k* Citi Costco $7k* Sam's Club MC $10k*
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a looong time, wow!

i will be watching my account closely, I just added three new cards this month, AMEX, NFCU and US Bank. Hope they don’t CLD my Arrival.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better late than never 😂

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. I can't. I really just can't. Smiley Surprised  I know MyFico doesn't represent the whole credit card consumer base. But, the things I read about Barclays on here make me not want to app for them. 

Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Leave it to the Brits to be fashionably late to an American cc partySmiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Just wow.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Barclays must be so filthy rich that they really couldn't care less when they torpedo customers, many of which you can bet pay high interest regularly = Easy Profit for them on the card end of things.

Even their BT's make them some quick n easy stash.

Otherwise it seems ludicrous they take so much pleasure in such manner for their card business.

Now on the other hand, maybe they are an easy burner for defaulters. That might explain it too.

Who really knows?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.