Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Amex blacklist forever

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Amex blacklist forever

Right now my 3 FICO-8 scores are 760+/- 10 points - respectable.

I did Amex's pre-qualify at the urging of several people on the FICO boards - Nope - Amex still will not approve me. This is because my FATHER stole my identity 50 years ago to get an Amex Card and stiffed them. Dad has been dead since the mid 1990's. Twenty or thirty years ago I tried to straighten it out and show them that it wasn't me - I was a teenager when it happened. No dice then, no dice now.

I guess a couple of hundred years from now my great great great great grandchild Flyingifr Jetson will get out of his spaceship and try to get an Amex card and will get told "nope - you had an ancestor some time in the Pleistocene Era who stiffed us......"

Given this history, I guess NOT having an Amex card is more a badge of accomplishment than having one - not everyone has been on their Sh*t list for a half a century.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: On Amex blacklist forever

@Anonymous wrote:

I did Amex's pre-qualify at the urging of several people on the FICO boards - Nope - Amex still will not approve me. This is because my FATHER stole my identity 50 years ago to get an Amex Card and stiffed them. Dad has been dead since the mid 1990's. Twenty years ago I tried to straighten it out and show them that it wasn't me - I was a teenager when it happened. No dice then, no dice now.

I guess a couple of hundred years from now my great great great great grandchild Flyingifr Jetson will get out of his spaceship and try to get an Amex card and will get told "nope - you had an ancestor some time in the Pleistocene Era who stiffed us......"

Given this history, I guess NOT having an Amex card is more a badge of accomplishment than having one - not everyone has been on their Sh*t list for a half a century.

OP I am so sorry I know how it feels mother stole my identity (3 times) everytime she finds out my credit is great she does it. The last time she open over 30K in credit card without me knowing and it happen to too Smiley Sad I wish people would just use their own name etc it makes me so mad!!!!!!!!  HUGS

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe we should organize a Board named "identity stolen' by a Relative who didn't pay Amex. Now Amex blacklists Us"

Message 3 of 33
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe we should organize a Board named "identity stolen' by a Relative who didn't pay Amex. Now Amex blacklists Us"

One good thing is it's harder to open credit in other people names unlike it was in the 80'S 90'S or before but it still happens but not as often thank god

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One good thing is it's harder to open credit in other people names unlike it was in the 80'S 90'S or before but it still happens but not as often thank god

True - especially when the culprit died 20+ years ago.

Message 5 of 33
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

OP, so sorry to hear about your situation, but your post really made me laugh. I can't believe they didn't understand that you were a teenage when it happened. Even if it was you, depending on age, you wouldn't have been legally responsible. Thanks for sharing. 

I know you tried the prequal page, and it won't give you anything. Have you tried just apping? I hear, it more than likely won't be a HP if you're truly on their blacklist (or sh*tlist as you aptly denoted). I only suggest because they just may surprise you. I know a few here who didn't prequal for any card, but apped anyway and was approved nonetheless.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - what have you done to fix it on AMEX's side of the house? Anything else?

This needs to get fixed sooner rather than later or it will haunt you forever. You should fix it now.

Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did Amex's pre-qualify at the urging of several people on the FICO boards - Nope - Amex still will not approve me. This is because my FATHER stole my identity 50 years ago to get an Amex Card and stiffed them. Dad has been dead since the mid 1990's. Twenty years ago I tried to straighten it out and show them that it wasn't me - I was a teenager when it happened. No dice then, no dice now.

I'm sorry about the rejection but I seriously LOL'd at this.

Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

I've edited your thread title and several of your posts.  I understand being upset but DO NOT circumvent the profanity filter by using asterisks or any other character.  The use of profanity is specifically prohibited in MyFICO's Forums Terms of Service and it is not intended to be bypassed.

We've been seeing a lot of this lately by posters and it needs to stop. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Irish80
MyFICO Moderator

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flying I would apply and then recon when you can talk to real person.  50 year ban a new blacklist record. 

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.