Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Line Credit Union

tag
Mm587
Regular Contributor

On Line Credit Union

I am looking to join an online credit union and eventually app for a cc that may be a large initial credit line.  Most of my scores are right at 700.  I am thinkng i will be able to get them to maybe 730 by late summer.  I am not a veteran...any suggestions?  thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: On Line Credit Union

@Mm587 wrote:

I am looking to join an online credit union and eventually app for a cc that may be a large initial credit line.  Most of my scores are right at 700.  I am thinkng i will be able to get them to maybe 730 by late summer.  I am not a veteran...any suggestions?  thank you

You could try NASA FCU or DCU. Those seem to be one of the better ones. Penfed as well though they are more conservative IMO to try to get cards with. Also be aware you'll get one HP for joining DCU and one HP if you app for a card the same day from them.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

Penfed only one hp good for 90 days on any credit product popa.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA was SP for both membership and CC.

Message 4 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

Sorry to hijack the thread but can you please confirm that joining was SP with NASA as I am interested in joining. I read somewhere that it is HP just like PenFed.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uswala wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Sorry to hijack the thread but can you please confirm that joining was SP with NASA as I am interested in joining. I read somewhere that it is HP just like PenFed.

Thanks!

It's definitely a SP

Message 6 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

SP if you do membership first then CC second.

Message 7 of 9
Mm587
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I joined!!!  now, I am going to wait until i get util to about 6 per cent!!!

Message 8 of 9
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Mm587 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I joined!!!  now, I am going to wait until i get util to about 6 per cent!!!

Good luck Mm587! Gardening can be its own reward! 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.