Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock CLI - Trick? 1000% CLI

tag
BCGCredit
New Contributor

Overstock CLI - Trick? 1000% CLI

I am rebuilding so scores low to mid 600s under 650.  So tonight I trying to get CLI on all my SCT cards. So I did overstock current limit paltry $250 (open since 2/17 (9 mos))no luv. Message said we will review and the response is in the mail. My experience has been that means no go. So I move on to Victoria Secret also small $350 (opened 1/17 (9 mos)) hit luv button...We have a winner CLI  $250 increase to $600.  So I so Express $500 (opened 6/17 (4 mos) no luv.  Ok that was just background, here is where it gets good.  I goto overstock website, not the comenity site.  I buy a $2300 watch using my overstock cc and due 24 month no interest... for kicks... but comenity is not playing APPROVED!!!  I quickly cancel. I go back to my Overstock/comenity credit card page. Limit $2500 available $164.  I update a few times it stays the same.  I await about 30 minutes back in now it says $2500 avail.  Made my night!!!  Some one else please try.  Feedback PLEASE.

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
BCGCredit
New Contributor

Re: Overstock CLI - Trick? 1000% CLI

Oh Crap!!! I just saw a thread were they are doing HP CLI.  That SUCKS!!!

Overstock 8.9K|VS 1.3K|Express 1K|Credit One 1.3K| Cap1 QS1 750|1st Premier 950|Cap1 Playstation 750|Target 800|PayPal 2% MC 700|Discover 6K|Nordstrom 4.8K|PayPal Credit 2K|AMEX DG 1K|

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only a SP.. if you click the little box that says let us check your credit file then I will be a GO from my understanding. My O S when from 700 to 2350..
Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I just tried.....Crap didnt work...I dont even have OSSmiley Wink But nice goingSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
BCGCredit
New Contributor

New update. I went to login my ovestock card account.  Requested CLI given 7-10 day message.  Credit limit still at $2500. To heck with that.  I went bought something for $3300.  Approved.  I login to overstock card account limit now $3500.  I cancelled order.  Limit now $3500. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do realize Comenity is one of those banks that will shut down every account you have if they suspect even the slightest hint of fraud or churning right?

Sort of like Synchrony.

And to be honest, playing the "buy something and cancel" game has gotten more than a few people shut down.

Message 6 of 13
BCGCredit
New Contributor

@thecreditgame Definitely not fraud. (Strong words)  How am I churning? I am not getting any rewards...  I have also run about $2K thru the card since I got it.  Thank for the warning if genuine.  Came of as condescending and judgmental.  Anyway Happy Holidays.  May your days be Merry and Bright.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am pretty sure TheCreditGame did not mean any harm in their comment, but rather was trying to warn you to be cautious.  I do agree though, that while it may not techinically be "fraud" or "churning", it certainly isn't the most honest way to go about getting a credit limit increase.  I would suspect that if you continue to do it, they may just close the card down completely.  I would imagine that a few large dollar amount cancelled orders in relatively short amount of time may trigger some type of alert on their end.

How long of a history do you have on  your various Comenity cards?  My experience is that once you hit the six month mark, you get tremendous CLIs, but prior to that they were small and sporadic.  I got three cards (VS, OS, and Wayfair) on June 1st, none with a limit over $500 and now they sit at $1500-$4100, simply by using them a few times (no more than 3 times each) and paying them off.  I also have a Torrid card that is almost 3 years old with a $3,000 CL.  Comenity can be great to you, but you need to be careful how you use it.  

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BCGCredit wrote:

New update. I went to login my ovestock card account.  Requested CLI given 7-10 day message.  Credit limit still at $2500. To heck with that.  I went bought something for $3300.  Approved.  I login to overstock card account limit now $3500.  I cancelled order.  Limit now $3500. 

Please don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask...is this really cool....???

Message 9 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Sorry, but I disagree that thecreditgame was condescending or judgmental — just informing you that Comenity’s algorithm could possibly shut one down if they smell even a hint of deceptive practices. This is very different from saying you were doing that. I hope you now understand the spirit in which his/her advice was given.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.