Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock. Crap

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Overstock. Crap

B335is,

It might not be a denial. I alos fot 7-10 days message when I applied for Orbitz Visa. I thought you were going to wait for pop-up. Did you call the backdoor no. I post?

Ron.

Message 31 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

B335is,

It might not be a denial. I alos fot 7-10 days message when I applied for Orbitz Visa. I thought you were going to wait for pop-up. Did you call the backdoor no. I post?

Ron.

I was going to wait, but I needed a new shaver.  Mine broke today and they had the Panasonic cordless for the same price as Amazon.  But with Ebates discount plus new Overstock it would be 13% discount versus the standard 5% on Amazon. 

I called the backdoor number and she said it was still pending and no decision was made.  They've straight up told me denial in the past so hopefully it's just verification.

Message 32 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ok I tried again, she said the application is being reviewd and no further verification was needed.  I wasn't aware that Comenity manually reviewed anything.

Actually, they do but not in the sense like say... US Bank, Citi or Chase.  I remember when I applied for their A&F card 2 years ago, it literally took 2.5 weeks to go through the whole process.  Depending on what flag triggers an exception, it goes into some queue for manual verification (i.e. address, public records, other details, etc.) but in your case, I'm not sure.

Why do I do this for 10% lol??  Thanks Finstar.  Have you looked at the Yamaha credit card?  I almost applied today, I don't know if Cap1 will pull all 3 CR.

Because the challenge is just as exciting!  It's not so much the 10% - that's a plus if approved!  So far, it seems Overstock CC is the forum's favorite at the moment.

I looked at Yamaha a while back.  This would be a single pull from what I recall (family member applied sometime ago - EQ I believe? or it could be TU). 

The input form looks very similar to the Saks Fifth Avenue store card.  I don't think Yamaha is a triple-puller like their mainline cards (Venture, QS).  Are you thinking about it?  Watcha gonna buy?

A YamahaSmiley Happy

Or, perhaps a more specific question (if it was not clear), which kind B?  An ATV? Or which bike/model?

I was looking at the 24' jetboat, but the dealer never got back to me here.  Now I'm looking at Waverunner VRX.

Message 33 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Sorry Fin, was bored and just being sarcastic Smiley Tongue.. This is what work does to me when I telecommute more so then while in the office

Smiley Very Happy

Install Funny.jpg

Message 34 of 71
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Ok I tried again, she said the application is being reviewd and no further verification was needed.  I wasn't aware that Comenity manually reviewed anything.

Actually, they do but not in the sense like say... US Bank, Citi or Chase.  I remember when I applied for their A&F card 2 years ago, it literally took 2.5 weeks to go through the whole process.  Depending on what flag triggers an exception, it goes into some queue for manual verification (i.e. address, public records, other details, etc.) but in your case, I'm not sure.

Why do I do this for 10% lol??  Thanks Finstar.  Have you looked at the Yamaha credit card?  I almost applied today, I don't know if Cap1 will pull all 3 CR.

Because the challenge is just as exciting!  It's not so much the 10% - that's a plus if approved!  So far, it seems Overstock CC is the forum's favorite at the moment.

I looked at Yamaha a while back.  This would be a single pull from what I recall (family member applied sometime ago - EQ I believe? or it could be TU). 

The input form looks very similar to the Saks Fifth Avenue store card.  I don't think Yamaha is a triple-puller like their mainline cards (Venture, QS).  Are you thinking about it?  Watcha gonna buy?

A YamahaSmiley Happy

Or, perhaps a more specific question (if it was not clear), which kind B?  An ATV? Or which bike/model?

I was looking at the 24' jetboat, but the dealer never got back to me here.  Now I'm looking at Waverunner VRX.

Oh Awesome!

Message 35 of 71
Ron1
Super Contributor

Did you call the ID vertification I posted in backdoor thread? I don't know they sell Panasonic shavers in Home Goods. Have you checked over there?

Ron.

Message 36 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

In February I filled out a hp app for the DW for Overstock as NO pop ups EVER will come up for her and her scores are about the same as mine and she has gotten mail pre screened offers for other cards.

She was declined. The letter came in about a week with the normal too low a score, too many new accounts, limited credit history crap. Of course she has gotten 2 Am Ex cards and a Neiman Marcus in her name so to hell with the SCT for her. If we are going to take a hp for a store card at this point, it may as well be Macys, or Nordstrom where it will be more useful to us and a high probability of approval.

If no pop up appears on Comenity, ( the only ones that give decent limits and growth are Overstock, J Crew, and HSN) it's just not worth it.

Message 37 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

Did you call the ID vertification I posted in backdoor thread? I don't know they sell Panasonic shavers in Home Goods. Have you checked over there?

Ron.

Ron, that was the ID verification number.  She said it was pending, not denial but not approval.  It was the first time they said that. 

Message 38 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

In February I filled out a hp app for the DW for Overstock as NO pop ups EVER will come up for her and her scores are about the same as mine and she has gotten mail pre screened offers for other cards.

She was declined. The letter came in about a week with the normal too low a score, too many new accounts, limited credit history crap. Of course she has gotten 2 Am Ex cards and a Neiman Marcus in her name so to hell with the SCT for her. If we are going to take a hp for a store card at this point, it may as well be Macys, or Nordstrom where it will be more useful to us and a high probability of approval.

If no pop up appears on Comenity, ( the only ones that give decent limits and growth are Overstock, J Crew, and HSN) it's just not worth it.

I think you're right.  I should know better.  Maybe I'll app for Yamaha card to make up for it.

Message 39 of 71
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just checked HSN only sell Panasonic shaver. I don't know the one you want. I like HSN let you split the payments without aying any interest. Smiley Happy

link:

http://www.hsn.com/products/panasonic-arc3-wetdry-rechargeable-mens-shaver/1429386

Ron.

Message 40 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.