Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Question re: SCT

tag
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

Overstock Question re: SCT

Hi Fellow Forum Members,

Quick question in terms of the Overstock SCT. I could use this type of account to finish out my Christmas shopping, but don't want to take the HP. 

Anyway, I created an account on Overstock a while back, and can never seem to get the pop-up. I realize I may just not get the pop-up , but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks they want to share re: the Overstock pop-up. Ie-should I try to create a different account, or..?

Thanks in advance!!  :-)

Starting Scores: EQ 542/TU 500/EX 513
Current Scores: EQ 611/TU 611/EX 628
Goal Score: All 700+

Cap One Secured ($750/$701 'unsecured'), Cap One QS1($1000), Victoria's Secret ($250), Brylane Home ($500), Amazon Store Card ($600)
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock Question re: SCT

Try this: use chrome incognito mode, add 200-300 dollars worth of random stuff to your cart and then use guest checkout. Make sure you enter your billing/shipping address exactly the way it appears on your credit report. If you do all this you might get the popup

Message 2 of 22
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Definitely subscribing to this post because I have been looking at some of the Egypitian towels on that site and I don't want to do a HP.  Eager to get some answers.

Message 3 of 22
iwannam3

once you get to the payment screen click the area where you input your credit card number and wait for the pop up is what i did to trigger it. another member suggested it in their thread.

Message 4 of 22
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

glaucoma wrote:

Try this: use chrome incognito mode, add 200-300 dollars worth of random stuff to your cart and then use guest checkout. Make sure you enter your billing/shipping address exactly the way it appears on your credit report. If you do all this you might get the popup

When checking out, the only two options are 'sign in' or 'create new account'...

Starting Scores: EQ 542/TU 500/EX 513
Current Scores: EQ 611/TU 611/EX 628
Goal Score: All 700+

Cap One Secured ($750/$701 'unsecured'), Cap One QS1($1000), Victoria's Secret ($250), Brylane Home ($500), Amazon Store Card ($600)
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah okay, well a good method to try would be to do the exact thing i suggested but create a new account.

Remember to follow all the same rules (i.e use the address, name, etc exactly as it is on your score report). The logic behind this is that both creation of account and guest checkout will likely stimulate the same block of serverside "preapproved" code to run resulting either in a popup appearing or not appearing assuming the server can pull your report properly; however, remember that the page for buying the product will appear regardless of whether the preapproved block works or not. (they still want the customer to buy their stuff). 

Also i would caution you on the SP HP issue, if you do get the popup and accept it, its not guaranteed it won't be a HP. I got a HP for my FRN mastercard even though i got the popup. 

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I recall, you do have to have an account to get the popup...I remember that my Overstock account automatically had the credit card number inserted in so I could order even before getting card  Somebody else said once you click the Billing is same as shipping address button, it popped up.

I don't remember from my experience exactly what I did but I do know it's a SP for Overstock up to this point.

Your credit score may be a factor.  The lowest I've seen to get the Overstock popup is 620. on EQ I believe.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know who they softpull? I thought my score was around 660 for EQ but it's actually 692 Fico. I may try for the pop up myself.
Message 8 of 22
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know who they softpull? I thought my score was around 660 for EQ but it's actually 692 Fico. I may try for the pop up myself.

I believe they SP EX.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anomalous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe they SP EX.

EQ

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.